Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 08:22 PM

Dithering

In my magazine is a page for people wanting to get in touch with missing friends /relatives,recently there was one seeking someone with the exact same name of my brother and im dithering whether to get in touch [ my brother died several years ago ]trouble is the post says 'in the army 1945,'my brother was in the army but in 1945 was married with a son, my own son says dont get in touch but my nephews widow [ of brothers son ] says it would be interesting ' but what if my brother was ' a naughty boy' and had another child ?have to give some thought to this
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 09:42 PM

Re: Dithering

Well supposing he had had another son...now all this time later wouldn't it be nice to know and maybe meet up?

Ah, the penny has just dropped...is it your brother's widow you're worrying about?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 05:04 AM

Is the name a common one, Deylon?

What if you had a third person, say a friend, pursue it further? It would enable you to do some research and verification before diving into a delicate situation.

Since your brother has died, and everyone you mentioned is older, mightn't it be less impactful than had the inquiry been made decades back?

As an adoptive mom, I understand the pangs that some having in trying to find their birth families.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 07:33 AM

Putting other peoples history together, should come with a caveat.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top