Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 01:43 PM

Re: Raw eggs.

Don't they advise pregnant ladies not to eat raw eggs and certain cheeses?
Can't remember precisely now.

Some things we cannot control with shop eggs either, like the age of the eggs, and how they have been stored.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 05:13 PM

I really like soft runny boiled and poached eggs. Even when cooking scrambled egg I would rather have it runny than all stiff and dry. I also make a really nice Belgian mayonnaise with raw egg.

I dont like fish overcooked and had a nice piece of cod fillet last night that was still soft and moist.
I like my meat still bloody on the inside as well.

The only time Ive had food poisoning was when I had a pub meal where the mayo was in a bowl that had been standing on the table all day and another time after eating a ready made seafood salad from the supermarket.

I suppose I will make my pudding but will tell people at the BBQ that it contains raw egg so they can decide themselves.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I really like soft runny boiled and poached eggs. Even when cooking scrambled egg I would rather have it runny than all stiff and dry. I also make a really nice Belgian mayonnaise with raw egg.

I dont like fish overcooked and had a nice piece of cod fillet last night that was still soft and moist.
I like my meat still bloody on the inside as well.

The only time Ive had food poisoning was when I had a pub meal where the mayo was in a bowl that had been standing on the table all day and another time after eating a ready made seafood salad from the supermarket.

I suppose I will make my pudding but will tell people at the BBQ that it contains raw egg so they can decide themselves.

I think that's the best idea MC.
As you say, then they will have a choice.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I suppose I will make my pudding
Not before you've given us the recipe !!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 04:01 PM

That's one of those 'iffy' recipes that I personally would not take to a gathering. But if you take it, make certain everyone there knows it contains raw egg. I'm allergic to raw egg and if I would eat something like that, I'd be in some serious trouble.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top