Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 06:59 PM

Re: Teeth

My daughter had her two bottom wisdom teeth taken out when she was 14. It wasn't straightforward as they hadn't come through yet, an X-ray showed they were lying directly below her back molars and there would be problems if they were left to come through naturally. She was admitted to the Dental Hospital for two days where they had to cut into her jawbone on either side to remove the the wisdom teeth. My son also had to have his removed at the Dental Hospital when he was 15.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 07:03 PM

Why do we even have wisdom teeth, for a lot of people they cause lots of problems and pain.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Why do we even have wisdom teeth, for a lot of people they cause lots of problems and pain.
It's to torment dentists because they are so hard to work on. I have all four and refused to have them out in my twenties. I didn't see the point of taking out a healthy tooth. But apparently that's not a great policy because having them out if they get decayed when you're older risks nerve damage.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:03 PM

I still have one or two .
That is why I am at least half wise !
Two were removed because they were impacted .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
My teeth are in the best shape they have been in for years. It's probably 10 years since I had a filling.
I didn't look after them as a child though and have many fillings at the back and they are not especially brilliant white. I have a crown in the top middle too which is not as white as the rest. Someday I will get them all sorted to look really nice, if money permits
Oh don't do that if they are healthy as they are. It's a massive industry.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-05-2018, 08:06 PM

It's no coincidence that dentist starts with the same letters as devil and demolition!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:31 PM

Floydy if you can do it all you need is a new crown and a veneer alongside the adjoining front tooth ( it's hard to colour match one front tooth.)
Nice teeth make you want to smile more
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
IMO teeth are very important in looking good .
I can never understand why people neglect their teeth .
I know not everyone can afford expensive dentistry but bad teeth are so aging .
Opinions?
I agree Muddy, bad teeth are very aging.

My problem is the yellowing. I brush my teeth all the time, I go for a cleaning every 6 months, yet my teeth still look yellow. Some say it is my red hair.

I have a partial in the top and one in the bottom as well. I don't get many fillings.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-05-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Floydy if you can do it all you need is a new crown and a veneer alongside the adjoining front tooth ( it's hard to colour match one front tooth.)
Nice teeth make you want to smile more
No don't encourage him to have a veneer! It's a slippery slope.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-05-2018, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I agree Muddy, bad teeth are very aging.

My problem is the yellowing. I brush my teeth all the time, I go for a cleaning every 6 months, yet my teeth still look yellow. Some say it is my red hair.

I have a partial in the top and one in the bottom as well. I don't get many fillings.
The sister of one my best friends was a redhead and had perfectly formed yellow teeth since childhood. They say yellow teeth are stronger. Perhaps the alabaster skin tone that tends to go with red hair makes them look less white? If you have healthy teeth then that is more important than shade.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top