Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 01:32 PM

'Zulu' is racist....

....according to lunatics who want to ban it from showing at the Folkestone Silver screen charity event.

An open letter signed by 28 people was sent to the mayor of the seaside town.

It read: 'We wholeheartedly support the efforts being made to raise funds for SSAFA, the Armed Forces Charity.

'But we believe that the choice of the film Zulu, with its inaccurate portrayal of historical events and its distortions and racist overtones, could have a negative effect on relationships within the changing and richly diverse communities here in Folkestone.'

An open letter signed by 28 people was sent to the mayor of the seaside town saying the movie has 'racial overtones'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lu-racist.html
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 02:05 PM

Re: 'Zulu' is racist....

Worra load of utter crap. I really despair these days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Worra load of utter crap. I really despair these days.
No doubt they will get their way too.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 04:23 PM

You really think it happened that way, sad people.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 04:35 PM

As I get mellower in my old age and love all humanity and have bark burns and splinters on my flat chest from enthusiastically hugging trees ... I say yes!

We have no need of films like Zulu, or Zulu Dawn .. or Schindler's List, or the Battle of Britain or the Last of The Mohicans, or cowboy and Indian westerns or the Flintstones or vicious violent cartoons like Tom & Jerry which give an inaccurate and often insidious portrayal, and it has to be said .... dangerous belief, that it is acceptable for cats and mice to try and kill each other.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Why are you so unpleasant Purrs ?
I presume you come onto this forum for company and interaction with your fellow humans but your constant sneering is not conducive to for friendly interaction .
So one has to ask why do you come on to this forum?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
As I get mellower in my old age and love all humanity and have bark burns and splinters on my flat chest from enthusiastically hugging trees ... I say yes!

We have no need of films like Zulu, or Zulu Dawn .. or Schindler's List, or the Battle of Britain or the Last of The Mohicans, or cowboy and Indian westerns or the Flintstones or vicious violent cartoons like Tom & Jerry which give an inaccurate and often insidious portrayal, and it has to be said .... dangerous belief, that it is acceptable for cats and mice to try and kill each other.

C'mon! Surely you are not serious?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->

Say that to an ex South Welsh Borderer or any welshman and see how far that attitude takes you. They are proud of Rourkes Drift and quite rightly so.

No matter how it was portrayed it was a remarkable battle from both sides and all VC were earned.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
C'mon! Surely you are not serious?
Nah,

It's the Morty humour......
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 05:09 PM

It's a great film .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top