Join for free
Page 2 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 04:43 PM

Re: Trump baby

No matter what people think, this will be viewed as an insult to the President.

What on earth was the Mayor thinking of
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Forget Trump as a person, we are actually hosting the Office of the President of the United States of America one of our oldest allies, and as such we should offer our best hospitality and every courtesy as we would expect in return.

Remember that Trump will be gone some day, and as such our friendship with that country shouldn't be imperilled for the sake of one distasteful individual.
Excellent observations all around and to your comments specifically, Barry .

Here in the U.S., we have our own lessons to learn about decorum, respect, and allowing the democratic process to run its course. If our citizenry would just up a mirror, we might learn something about the balance between free speech, and civility and respect.

Besides, there is no real cause for worry. The forum does a bang up job of maintaining good diplomatic relations ... as long as we don't discuss apple pie.....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 05:12 PM

It's to be flown from Parliament Square?...I'll believe it when I see it..Surely Those in power (whoever They are) won't allow it...Aww,We don't want The Donald to have a petted lip when He comes to visit Her Maj'...do We?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Khan has let his personal feelings on Mr Trump get in the way of commonsense. A powerful USA leader and trade partner visits our country and he endorses this childish display of bad manners.

Demonstrate by all means but not this way

You want childish? Let’s talk Green Party...

https://order-order.com/2018/07/05/s...or-bans-trump/
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 06:58 PM

I can't believe this is true. How utterly immature are these people that are allowing this. It could jepordise our relationship with America and all because of Khans personal feelings of Trump. I don't particularly like Trump but I think there is no need for this at all. Surely May should have the final say in this? How would our country feel if our leader went to America and they took piss out of our Prime Minister, we'd be furious with the Americans whether we liked our Prime Minister or not. You just don't do that, I thought this country had more pride.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:05 PM

It came about after a petition and a crowdfunding page...

London mayor Sadiq Khan's Greater London Authority has approved a request for the flight after thousands signed a petition and a crowdfunding campaign raised more than £16,000 to get the six-metre inflatable off the ground.

So we need another petition to trump ( hahaha!!!) the first one to overturn this stupid deliberate insult.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:10 PM

Just an infantile prank by a supposed grown up who is obviously unfit for his office. Completely puerile, the mind boggles at such stupidity...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:19 PM

Oh - it's just a balloon then? For one horrible minute there I thought that dreadful idiot man had found a way to become pregnant!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Absolutely!
How utterly stupid.
And £16000 could have been spent on much better causes.
Some obviously have more money than sense.

Activists don't have any sense.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:44 PM

I am still hoping this is fake news but I suppose it's the sort of thing our great unwashed would come up with. It's a shame they couldn't have spent the £16,000 on something more useful.

Khan should be sacked.

Page 2 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top