Join for free
Page 4 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:23 PM

Re: Second Referendum on Brexit ?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I was somewhat surprised to read the headline on ABC News this morning:

Theresa May warns there could be 'no Brexit at all',

British Prime Minister Theresa May has warned there may be "no Brexit at all" because of continued attempts to undermine her plan to leave the European Union.

"My message to the country this weekend is simple: we need to keep our eyes on the prize," Ms May wrote in the Mail on Sunday newspaper.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-1...at-all/9996052

This can't be possible surely?
Bruce, the way we have been betrayed by Theresa May with her traitorous, scheming white paper, leaves us with NO choice. Her way is to be hanging half in and half out - out of the EU but still paying in, still having to abide by rules and regulations dictated by the EU, with absolutely no say if we disagree, and our precious so-called British laws in danger of being usurped by the ECHR. In fact, we may as well stay in!

The EU are now stating that this paper could be the basis for the beginning of proper negotiations. I'll bet they are! they are already saying May is not giving enough.
Barnier has given absolutely nothing away, His whole vocabulary has consisted of just one word - NO! - whilst SHE has handed our freedoms back on a plate - and expects us to just accept it because she knows best? They must be laughing their heads off behind the EU building walls, knowing how weak and pathetic she is in her quest to be famed as the Prime Minister who was in office at the time of Brexit. She is so weak it is obvious the EU will demand even more concessions from her and she is no longer trusted by 17.4 million people who voted leave, as well as her own government, to act on the democratic decision to leave the EU wholly.

After all, this is the British Prime Minister who, unbeknown to us, had already discussed and colluded with Merkel and no doubt the EU commission,before she even presented the paper to her own cabinet.

She is not a person fit to hold the highest office. Not even the lowest!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Who isn't sick of all the shilly shallying but it is those with the courage of their convictions that voted leave who still want to leave, not those that give in because we are being brainwashed in to staying
I think you are right Solo! Even I have thought " Oh I am past caring which way it goes" because I feel it is going nowhere thanks to the " I want my own way" remainers!

At that point my right foot finds my rear end, with a sharp kick, and reminds me that our freedom and sovereignty are worth fighting for
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tarantula
I think a second referendum would be a good idea. I have spoken to a number of people since the last one who voted to leave, but now regret doing so.
Tell me, if Looney Labour win the next General Election would it be ok for Tory voters to ask for another election straight away in case some of the former Labour voters have changed their minds since?

And can we keep having those elections until Tories win?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Bruce, the way we have been betrayed by Theresa May her traitorous, scheming white paper leaves us with NO choice. Her way is to be hanging half in and half out - out of the EU but still paying in, still having to abide by rules and regulations dictated by the EU, with absolutely no say if we disagree, and our precious so-called British laws in danger of being usurped by the ECHR. In fact, we may as well stay in!

May, like all the other politicians, is an EU Stooge. She is doing what they tell her to do. Sabotaging the will of the people in order to keep the UK in the EU. It makes NO difference who is in power, Tories, Labour, Lib Dems or BNP. They would ALL do exactly the same as they all do the bidding of the EU masters imo.

There is NO BREXIT, there never was.

All that is happening is a huge media circus and sideshow to try and limit the damage done as the populous realises that democracy does not exist.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 01:56 PM

Certainly seems to be looking that way Realist!

However, regardless of how hopeless it seems, I am still pinning my hopes on the few "Knights" who are fighting in Parliament for the democratic right of the electorate who voted by over a million votes, to LEAVE the EU in its entirety.

How dare anyone try to stop that! they should be ashamed of themselves.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 02:46 PM

World News
July 16, 2018 / 11:44 AM / Updated 3 hours ago
There will be no second Brexit referendum, says PM May's spokesman

Reuters Staff

1 Min Read

LONDON (Reuters) - There will be no second referendum on Brexit, a spokesman for Britain’s Theresa May said on Monday, repeating the prime minister’s belief that her plan for leaving the European Union was the only way to get a deal that meets the government’s aims.

Honest May rules out 2cd referendum..

expect one soon
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
bruce, the way we have been betrayed by theresa may with her traitorous, scheming white paper, leaves us with no choice. Her way is to be hanging half in and half out - out of the eu but still paying in, still having to abide by rules and regulations dictated by the eu, with absolutely no say if we disagree, and our precious so-called british laws in danger of being usurped by the echr. In fact, we may as well stay in!

The eu are now stating that this paper could be the basis for the beginning of proper negotiations. I'll bet they are! They are already saying may is not giving enough.
Barnier has given absolutely nothing away, his whole vocabulary has consisted of just one word - no! - whilst she has handed our freedoms back on a plate - and expects us to just accept it because she knows best? They must be laughing their heads off behind the eu building walls, knowing how weak and pathetic she is in her quest to be famed as the prime minister who was in office at the time of brexit. She is so weak it is obvious the eu will demand even more concessions from her and she is no longer trusted by 17.4 million people who voted leave, as well as her own government, to act on the democratic decision to leave the eu wholly.

After all, this is the british prime minister who, unbeknown to us, had already discussed and colluded with merkel and no doubt the eu commission,before she even presented the paper to her own cabinet.

She is not a person fit to hold the highest office. Not even the lowest!!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 12:48 PM

Theresa May is to put the country on a no-deal Brexit footing this summer as she prepares a series of public warnings about the impact of leaving the European Union without agreement.

Consumers and companies will be given detailed advice in weekly “bundles” from the start of next week on how to prepare for “a disorderly Brexit”, under government plans.

Is this scare tactics as a way of getting the public to want a Second Referendum

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...exit-d9wd3lwbk
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 11:05 AM

Seems to me that the only way to stop Brexit from actually happening would be to make sure that Remainers were always in charge of the process.

If May had really wished to support the will of the people she should have created a group of Brexiteer Ministers to make it happen.

No chance of that.

Tupman
United Kingdom Surrey
Tupman is male  Tupman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 05:10 PM

The way the tide is turning there will be no deal. Little Britain will find out how cold the real world is.

There should be a second referendum, nobody over fifty five should be allowed to vote, and sixteen year olds should be allowed to participate.

After all they're the ones who've got to suffer the consequences of the decision.

Page 4 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top