Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 09:05 AM

Panarama Fighting for my child

Was on last night
This made very sad viewing .
Three children who are terribly hopelessly disabled who IMO should have been allowed to pass away quietly at birth.
Blind deaf unable to breathe alone and fed through stomach tubes subject to fits of muscle spasms .
There is no hope whatsoever for these poor mites they will all die at some point soon and they use vast amounts of the NHS resources to keep them alive that could be used for children for whom there is hope .
Quality of life is important and these sad scraps of humanity have none.
IMO It's not kindness to keep life at all costs
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 10:16 AM

Re: Panarama Fighting for my child

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Was on last night
Three children who are terribly hopelessly disabled who IMO should have been allowed to pass away quietly at birth.
Blind deaf unable to breathe alone and fed through stomach tubes subject to fits of muscle spasms .
There is no hope whatsoever for these poor mites they will all die at some point soon and they use vast amounts of the NHS resources to keep them alive that could be used for children for whom there is hope .
I didn't watch Panarama Muddy but I've seen one of the children on the news and I have to agree with you, it's cruelty to keep them alive.
Who decides though? Not the parents because they are emotionally involved, and Doctors don't like to play God......Well! Except for mine...
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 10:20 AM

This is the reality of when they keep going but should really stop as an act of human kindness and love for another human being.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

17-07-2018, 01:54 PM

So terribly sad but in my opinion cruel to keep these poor children going. What quality of life do have they?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Was on last night
I can understand how desperate parents would disagree, but I agree with this suggestion. As you say, they are going to die soon anyway, so why prolong their suffering?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 02:46 PM

I didn,t see it,but I'm inclined to agree with Muddy...A hellish decision for any Parent to make.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 04:19 PM

The irony is that improvements in medical treatment assists in survival rates, so we can be too clever for our own good.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top