Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 11:28 AM

Re: Sciatica pain

My wife has it Doc due to spurs on the spine.

I have had it since I was 35 years of age. Tried the lot, surgery, injections , physio and so many money taking con's I have lost count. Even tried the physo for Chelsea Football Club, not the one the manager sacked
So 15 years off work and some 100,000 Co-Dydromol later I still have it, except now I have the added blessing of peripheral neuropathy, in the legs. And to that the Cluster Migraines for 10 days and the fact that for the past few months I have had chest pains and a pain in my left arm and have STILL been unable to get a GP appointment after 10 weeks.!!!
Well I have now, I called the ambulance out last weekend as the pains were worse and blood pressure hitting 185/122. That finally got things moving .
My feeling is you will be fobbed off, pills, at best physo and if God steps in perhaps a scan.

Good luck
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 01:19 PM

Sorry to hear youre in so much pain with this Doc...I hope the prescription helps to ease the pain for you..just take it easy today !
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
I don't like taking tablets so I use a pain killing gel called Voltarol.
I used Voltarol for months with a frozen shoulder it was the only thing that helped.

So sorry Doc, my brother suffers badly with that our Doctor said it was due to years of sitting down driving artics
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 04:58 PM

My daughter aged 44 has spondylolisthesis but is trying not to have the operation because of her young family.
My daughter in law who is 36 recently had a successful operation for a trapped nerve which meant she could hardly walk for nearly two years. However it took 3 years of badgering doctors and the consultant to get anywhere. At its worst she felt suicidal. Now the pain is gone she says she says it's better than winning the lottery.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 07:26 PM

I like Nom, found walking helped a great deal.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 03:12 AM

I had it a few years ago and a retired GP who comes to our U3A told me to lie on the floor on your back, bring up one knee as far as you can towards your chest, and stretch that leg as far over the other leg as you can without moving the rest of your body. Then change sides. it worked for me. This you tube shows you some others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oPHrX_oALk

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top