Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 04:36 PM

Re: Bargain buy.

Your acer is lovely caricature.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Wow Alan - that's a beauty. How old is it?
Just seen your post Carol. I've had it 3 years and I imagine it was a 3 year old plant when I bought it.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks for the advice. I'll be very careful where I position it.
What I was wondering was - Is it ok to plant it in a massive pot to avoid future disturbance or should I use a smaller pot - just a bit bigger than the one it's in now as the book says?
What would you do?
Plant it in a nice big pot - they like cool root runs and will grow to the size of the container.

We have two Acer Palmatum Dissectums, one red the other a variegated green/ white - the latest one.

Dissectums are tough and can cope with cold and heat too, plus wind as the leaf shape is perfect for this country.

Our red Palmatum Dissectum is now ten years old and 20" high - it's beautiful.

The little 'un is fine and coping with our particular Northern aspect quite well.

By the way, I give ours an acid feed or an ericaceous top-dressing a few times a year - they seem to like that. stevmk2

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top