Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 01:05 PM

Re: NHS Boss...we want our cash boost!

This was on the radio the other day Julie. They think they can save £300m a year. However someone did phone in to say they were already doing this. Just not as extensively as they would like.

Although I'm a bit worried if they use cheap rubbish in a clinical setting. Cheap gloves might split etc. Also goods that are cheaper may not be available and if they need to get on what do they do if they aren't allowed to buy elsewhere?

Bexit could also affect both the cost and availability of cheap medical supplies.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 01:39 PM

I don't want cheap gloves etc but if you buy millions of boxes of expensive ones you will attract a discount. I know when I used to buy for a previous job I could get decent gloves for cleaning at half price if I bought 200 boxes. That's the sort of money they could save.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 02:37 PM

I guess cuts in management don't help them plan such matters properly Julie. If you look at the video the agenda is fragmentation rather than centralisation.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 02:45 PM

I don´t know what arrangements other EU countries have, but I do know that Spain and UK have a reciprocal agreement regarding health care. I also know that if you are not in possession of a SIP (health card) you will not receive free treatment. Tourists should be in possession of the EHIC card for medical emergencies.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I guess cuts in management don't help them plan such matters properly Julie. If you look at the video the agenda is fragmentation rather than centralisation.
I'd say the opposite there are too many layers of management they've lost control because of that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

09-11-2017, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'd say the opposite there are too many layers of management they've lost control because of that.
Well you need effective management for a national procurement operation across such a complex organisation. But how does fragmentation discourage layers of bureaucracy?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 04:55 PM

Strange that someone like Simon Stevens (apparently the Boss of the NHS- England) is prepared to stand up and declare that there will be problems in the NHS if if if!

I don't know how much this guy earns, in this senior management position, but I do wonder if he might be better looking at the balance of Admin versus Staff which, as most people i hear complaining are focussing on, and is what is really bringing the NHS down.

I don't know what he actually does, apart from drop kicking his bosses, but I think he might just accept a little responsibility for the Management situation.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Strange that someone like Simon Stevens (apparently the Boss of the NHS- England) is prepared to stand up and declare that there will be problems in the NHS if if if!

I don't know how much this guy earns, in this senior management position, but I do wonder if he might be better looking at the balance of Admin versus Staff which, as most people i hear complaining are focussing on, and is what is really bringing the NHS down.

I don't know what he actually does, apart from drop kicking his bosses, but I think he might just accept a little responsibility for the Management situation.
If you don't know, how can you criticise?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
If you don't know, how can you criticise?
Well, I just found out how much he gets (or got in 2014),

From Wiki:-

He was responsible for the Five Year Forward View produced by NHS England in October 2014. As of 2015, Stevens was paid a salary of between £190,000 and £194,999 by NHS England, making him one of the 328 most highly paid people in the British public sector at that time.

Just as in any business, I am allowed to criticise if I don't think we're getting value for money.

Since the NHS is a Public sector business, maybe doubly so.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

09-11-2017, 05:29 PM

So on the one hand everyone thinks the Nhs needs to be managed better and on the other they should sack all the managers?

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top