Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2012, 04:25 PM

Re: Battery Powered Lawnmowers.

I don't think I would get one as I don't think the battery will last very long and don't think it will be powerful enough! I have a battery strimmer which I got last year, thinking that they would have come a long way since the last one I bought many years ago. I was wrong, its no good and I regret buying it! I think a battery lawnmower will be the same.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 10:05 AM

When I was a child we had a large garden. The plot including the house was a third of an acre and there was a lot of grass. After a succcession of petrol mowers my Dad bought a battery mower. It was great as you charged it the night before and it would then cut all the grass on one charge. My parents sold it to the people who bought the house as they moved to a house with a smaller garden when my Dad retired. I have never seen these types of mower since but it was a godsend for a large garden with no cables to worry about. I am more than happy with my flymo but its not a large garden.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 11:24 AM

What's wrong with a 4 stroke Victa? Easy to start, plenty of power, what more do you want? I think I paid about $300 (£150) from Bunnings.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 02:59 PM

I bought a similar one to that for the wife Bruce, she wont let me near the garden. She says it's the business and does a great job, 180 euro's it cost.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top