Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 06:27 AM

Bowel cancer screening

A couple of weeks back out of the blue I was asked by NHS, to do a screening test, which I did. Yesterday I had a letter from them saying that the test was unclear, will I repeat the procedure, if this one comes back as unclear, I will again have to do another.
Does anybody know what happens after the third test, if found unclear again, what comes next?
They do say blood was found, but it could come from many things, but it is a bit of a worry when this happens, I have enough to contend with without this.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 09:45 AM

Re: Bowel cancer screening

The screening tests are now being rolled out for the over 60s across the whole of the country Wrinkley and it would have just been that your name had come up in the system. I am sorry that the test was unclear and it could be for several reasons that you are being asked to repeat it. They could have spoilt the test material, or if you have a history of haemorrhoids (and a lot of us don't even know we have them) then this could be interferring with the test. Or it could be because you have a polyp which can easily be removed. If the third test is still unclear they will ask you to attend for a colonoscopy (link attached) and this doesn't need anaesthetic and can be done as an out-patient. Try not to worry because it can really be a number of things which can be easily sorted out. Regards. Rena.
http://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/treat...eatment_id=221
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 10:22 AM

Aerolor is right Wrinkly If they were at all worried they have whipped you into the Hospital for Tests so fast your head would still be Spinning.
My Dad had Haemorrhoids and was plagued with them in later Life, he had quite a bit of Bleeding with them. So don't think the Worst.....it is likely a simple thing.
http://www.webmd.boots.com/digestive...s-haemorrhoids
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 04:38 PM

What is worrying is the fact that these letters come from the NHS, and I have such a record of illnesses, that they don't know.
My records are so heavy they have been split into two fat volumes, if they had taken the trouble to look them out, they would see I have two complaints that would have told them.
It is no wonder the NHS is costing the country so much, and Tom, Dick and Harry could come into this country and get treatment for free.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 06:33 PM

I am sorry you are upset Wrinkley and I understand that you are now worried as a result of the test. The National research and screening programme would not have had access to your NHS health records. There is no need for them to have them. This screening programme is from research based funding and has been rolled out to everyone in the country who is over 60. It would not be practical or cost effective to have to call for everyone's records before inviting people to take the test. The sample would go directly to the laboratories chosen to undertake the work and they report back as appropriate.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

10-10-2012, 07:37 PM

I am complaining about the way the NHS is conducting this survey Rena, I signed a form some time back from them, to go on a national data base so my records could be accessed by any NHS concern in the UK.
It was once used by the hospital in Dumfries when I collapsed going up to Scotland for an holiday, so I know it works, it can be accessed by name and not just hospital number.
The NHS as been brilliant for me over the years, but their admin stinks, it is next to useless.
Rant over, but thanks for showing interest, I will keep you informed of the outcome.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 08:10 AM

Might be the case you did not follow the correct instructions so they are asking you to do it again.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

11-10-2012, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Might be the case you did not follow the correct instructions so they are asking you to do it again.
No Sue, they exclaimed why in their letter.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 10:37 AM

Sorry to hear your test was inconclusive Arthur, but better good luck with the next one...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 10:43 AM

Yes Arthur, I too hope your next test will be satisfactory..... good luck!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top