Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 11:03 PM

Re: Nestling - my painting of a baby human in a bird's nest.

Originally Posted by Sage ->
Thanks. Learning how to put a painting together is sometimes just as hard as doing the painting.
Yep, even the masters did sketches and trial paintings.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 11:27 PM

Love that Sage, just love it.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 11:30 PM

I painted this three years after learning to paint. I was still learning. My reference material was a picture of a baby in a carved out watermelon, a picture of a bird feeding it's young and a bird's nest. It was fun to paint.
Beautifully done.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 12:10 AM

Longdogs, yes, they didn't have the advantage of photographs, the internet for reference material and acrylic paint. Thanks, Sweetie Pie. When I look at it I see the mistakes of a new painter. That was painted in 2004. Besoeker - thank you. I've been the mother to animal babies, but not human babies.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 11:34 AM

Very clever Sage! I envy people who can paint from their imaginations, I can't get stuff out of my head onto a canvas, it never turns out how I imagine.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 05:29 PM

Thank you, TessA. When I see something in my mind that does not exist in reality, that's why I get my reference material in segments. I found a picture of the forest. I painted that. I found a picture of a bird and painted it onto a limb. I found a picture of a baby and painted that. I found a picture of a nest and painted that around the baby. Then I worked on making it better.

Do you paint?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 05:51 PM

I painted this three years after learning to paint. I was still learning. My reference material was a picture of a baby in a carved out watermelon, a picture of a bird feeding it's young and a bird's nest. It was fun to paint.
That is so cute Sage. Thanks for sharing........
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
That is so cute Sage. Thanks for sharing........
That's just what I was going to say Bluey....

Love the way you've put it all together Sage!
Sage
U. S.

02-10-2018, 10:13 PM

Thanks, Wild Blueberry and Pesta. It's kind of scary for a new painter to figure out how to put it together. At first I painted the step-by-step lessons exactly. Then I wanted to learn how to paint certain other things. I've painted over a lot of things that were yucky. With acrylic a person can do that. And if there are lumps, you sand them off.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top