Join for free
Page 509 of 1676 « First < 9 409 459 499 507 508 509 510 511 519 559 609 1009 1509 > Last »
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 10:21 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oh dear SW if you've never had ya pink tickle ya don't know what ya missin?? sometimes the screams ascend to amazing crecendos!!

oh dear here comes RJ with his large DIC -tionary!!
I was only trying to be helpful to my lovely chums in here, but I understand the consensual alarm at my growing pedanticism.

Nuff said. I will shut it & throw in my proofing towel.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 10:56 AM

Whilst on the subject of towels I read you can now buy Tetra soap which is supposedly non droppable (but will no doubt take all the fun out of showering)

Because the shape is based on the Tetrapod slabs that stops waves from eroding beaches the inventor thought " what a good idea and at £16.00 a time everybody will want to buy this", little knowing us canny washers all know that a soap on a rope is also non droppable and a lot cheaper.

I suppose the brick shaped bar that has been going for over 5000 years has to be a challenge for some brains but the saying "if it aint broke don't try to fix it" comes to mind
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 10:57 AM

now now RJ stop being a coward get back in the ring of pedanticism and start throwing out ya right punches at all and sundry!! we can handle them can't we lads??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Whilst on the subject of towels I read you can now buy Tetra soap which is supposedly non droppable (but will no doubt take all the fun out of showering)

Because the shape is based on the Tetrapod slabs that stops waves from eroding beaches the inventor thought " what a good idea and at £16.00 a time everybody will want to buy this", little knowing us canny washers all know that a soap on a rope is also non droppable and a lot cheaper.

I suppose the brick shaped bar that has been going for over 5000 years has to be a challenge for some brains but the saying "if it aint broke don't try to fix it" comes to mind
reminds me of the "two nuns in the bath joke"

Nun 1 - 'where's the soap'
Nun 2 - 'yes it does rather'
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
now now RJ stop being a coward get back in the ring of pedanticism and start throwing out ya right punches at all and sundry!! we can handle them can't we lads??

The Charge of the Right Brigade
Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
'Forward the Right Brigade!
Charge for the guns!' he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

'Forward, the Right Brigade!'
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though RJ knew
Some one had blundered:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of HIM
Cannon to left of HIM
Cannon in front of HIM
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with those
who cannot spell
Boldly RJ rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Flashed all their sabres

THere Gummy now you've made me ruin a great poem.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
The Charge of the Right Brigade

THere Gummy now you've made me ruin a great poem.
All this sabre flashing never did end well

note ***** any resemblance to our scribblers is purely intentional *****

Robert Jnr.
UK

25-02-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
All this sabre flashing never did end well

note ***** any resemblance to our scribblers is purely intentional *****

The likeness to me of little Lord Fauntleroy is uncanny
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote Gumbud
"RJ - did you realize we are now; today; this very instance misusing English words constantly - take my choice of the word " sheer" I was challenged to use "shere" but knowing you where lurking around every corner did a spell check - to my amazement I found a Shere village in Surrey and then any number of webpages; businesses all using the monogram " a shere delight" for selling all assortment of goods including chocolate assortments!"

I believe they do a lot of shearing in Australia, a fella once told me that he was passing a sheep farm there and this chap was sitting on a three legged with a sheep on his lap, the Irish fella stopped and said to him “Be God man that’s a fine sheep you got there, are you shearing it?” to which came the reply “No, I’m keeping it for myself”
Amazing how the words in the English language get messed about as it travels across the globe ain’t it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-02-2018, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Quote Gumbud
"RJ - did you realize we are now; today; this very instance misusing English words constantly - take my choice of the word " sheer" I was challenged to use "shere" but knowing you where lurking around every corner did a spell check - to my amazement I found a Shere village in Surrey and then any number of webpages; businesses all using the monogram " a shere delight" for selling all assortment of goods including chocolate assortments!"

I believe they do a lot of shearing in Australia, a fella once told me that he was passing a sheep farm there and this chap was sitting on a three legged with a sheep on his lap, the Irish fella stopped and said to him “Be God man that’s a fine sheep you got there, are you shearing it?” to which came the reply “No, I’m keeping it for myself”
Amazing how the words in the English language get messed about as it travels across the globe ain’t it.
to use an RJ colloquialism - "smart arse"!!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 03:37 PM

The last couple of pages and the content thereof,are,to my [tiny,before you beat me to it,gummy] mind,merely proof that times and the fashionable or once-considered irreplaceable items of those particular eras are becoming somewhat Shakespearian in both their prose,meanings and uses.

...for instance,exit signs-they're on the way out...

Page 509 of 1676 « First < 9 409 459 499 507 508 509 510 511 519 559 609 1009 1509 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top