Join for free
Page 409 of 1676 « First < 309 359 399 407 408 409 410 411 419 459 509 909 1409 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 07:21 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

That's a handy reference site Sweetie, thank you.

Frankenstein played by Boris Karloff is one of my favourite monsters, along with Christopher Lee as Dracula. and Lon Chaney as the Werewolf.
Here is a scene from the film ‘Frankenstein’
It’s Christmas Day in 1931 and the monster had finished off a bottle of Brandy the night before, Igor is asking him out for a drink but the monster is too sick and says words to the effect “Piss off Igor, can’t you see I’m not a well man, in fact I'm in bits”
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 08:20 PM

Thank-you Jem I love those old Horror movies.
I have never, ever known anyone that was actually called Igor.
I like that name.
Mary Shelly's grave is here in Bournemouth.
She also has a pub.
https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/a...ey-bournemouth

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 10:06 PM

This is a first for Scribblers, a moving picture, whatever next?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This is a first for Scribblers, a moving picture, whatever next?
Ladies being allowed in ...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 10:39 PM

Guys have more trouble, going through the change, for a bloke, it is not inevitable.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
You forgot to include 'greatcoat',my dear Fruitisimo.
Merely a question of seasonal attire,regardless. One is thick & heavy [Hi,gummy :-}],one is lighter,thinner,but protective,the other is a 'just in case' type garment. BUT-nunna that gets this POXY boiler replaced...so stop blatherin on-you're all happy 'n' replete 'n' having jollys...

meanwhile,we've had such a blazing row,herself has f'd off,taking clothes,her poxy dog-the yappy bitey one known as Shitlegs-and gone to stay with I dunno who...and I'm FUKT if I'm chasing her.

...and all this CRAP,because of the rules & regs that SCABBY fkn EU put into place to hinder anyone British from having a defunct boiler easily replaced.
THAT'S why the BREXIT thing happened gumbud-because in the years the UK's been a member,we've paid in a LOT more than we've got out,but STILL we're suffocating under the weight of bullshit those FEW 'leaders' impose. I'm hurting like HELL atm,my fibromyalgia is at killer-level,my fkn hands aren't working properly [due to a condition known as Dupytren's Contracture-itself,really painful]...but STILL I'm carrying driftwood,cutting it up,trying to lift/carry sacks of coal nuggets,trying to placate Herself [failed miserably-she's gone],we had just one present each,as all our spare money's gone on the bags of coal,sacks of logs,etc-so ditto no big Xmas dinner...and THIS,is the 'season of goodwill'?!? When I ring the various govt depts today, involved in this fkn joke of a scheme...they ALL are not open until Jan 2nd..."by all means die of pain or cold,but please don't bother us,we're out celebrating our easy livestyles. BUT - we do hope we can rely on your vote at the upcoming by-election"...well no,you can't...because I'm here alone,in pain,no money left,no heating AT ALL now the last of the coal's used...and you sods don't give a shit anyway. Right. I feel better now.
cum and live in OZ Pug I'll sponsor ya - mind ya the medical hurdle is a big one to hop! ya might need feet like a kanga?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Good solution Fruity old son, and everyone is then happy, a picnic on the mount or hill depending on the dimensions of the said mount/hill and the gross weight of the multitude.

Multiplication, that’s the name of the game Spitty, and each generation they play it the same.

Why do so many folks get cranky after Christmas? Have they used up all the ‘Happy’ and ‘Merry’?
There are six girls living next door to me now, all of them are gay and the roars and shouts coming from them this morning was fierce, and me own missus is in foul humour too, and there’s meself happy as Larry come what may.
Merry Christmas me arse as Shane McGowan says.
see wot I mean Xmas [false xmas] takes everyone to such a false high - hi dee ho - that coming down is hard to do - I think I could get a song out of this somehow. so everyone has a bloody good scrap and then NY eve straightens it all out again and then another scrap and so and and so forth - and oh there is no mention of bloody barley loafs in the after mentioned tomes!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 12:06 AM

There was a old fellow called Igor
Who was stooped but strong as a Tigor
With a mate called Frank, they smoked and they drank
Until they drowned in a barrel of cidor.

Ya gotta put on your posh accent for that one.

No I don’t know any Igor meself, come to think of it I don’t know of any Percy’s either, except Shelley and that cruel prison warder in ‘The Green Mile’
Is Percival the full name for a Percy? thank God me mother never called me that.
There was an English actor I never liked called Lance Percival, how he got away with it I'll never know, the wife didn’t like him either, she used to refer to him as “Oh no! here’s that Lance Persecute again”
Mary Shelley, Percy, and Byron all hung around together, I remember reading a book many years ago about Byron, a bit of a devil for the ladies was he, young and old didn't matter to him.

I'm in the process of tuning in my new satellite box, it does everything for you, internet an all, all it's short of doing is pouring the port and lighting your fags. I am so pleased with it, in fact I'm overwhelmed, that's progress for you lads, 349 channels and still nothing on.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 12:19 AM

POOR

I was born on the Common just after the War
Stop me any time if you've heard this before.
We were so poor suffering many a hitch
we were SO poor that I was born in a ditch

It was full up with water and that's the truth
No walls no doors no windows, no roof
The kids of today have no reason to cry
Our Sunday lunch was creamed soup of flies.

If the ditch got cold dad would suck a mint
And we'd gather round, warm our hands
WE only had to give him the hint
he was the best dad in all the land

When I got older we moved into a puddle
It was quite a considerable improvement
Oft times, we'd laugh and get in a muddle
especially when there was any movement

© Robert Junior
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-12-2017, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Guys have more trouble, going through the change, for a bloke, it is not inevitable.
wot about guys fawkes?? - fawk at the road??

Page 409 of 1676 « First < 309 359 399 407 408 409 410 411 419 459 509 909 1409 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top