Join for free
Page 459 of 1676 « First < 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 469 509 559 959 1459 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 08:08 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
What variety, we’ve had go go dancers who’ve gone ga ga, spanners and instructions on how to throw same, who flung ku fung dung, saints and causes, Rambo’s wheelchair, and the devil knows what else. what more could a soul ask for? Maybe a bigger spanner to secure all the nuts we have loose here.
Great stuff fellow scribblers.

And now in the interests of continuity.

Going back to when I was a small boy we had ‘Corner Boys’ over here in the City, I don’t know what you called them in your parts, but they were before the Teddy boys, not quite hooligans, just suspicious looking lads who usually hung around street corners trying to look their best. Smoking but no drinking and nobody had even heard of drugs then, they waited for the girls to pass by, then they would practice the wolf whistle with a bit of slagging thrown in, all quite harmless and the girls seemed to love it too because they kept coming back for more and the girls all tried to look their best too. Now and then a row would break out between rival wannabe leaders, sort of like an online forum, but nothing too serious bar a bleeding nose or a fat lip.
At weekends a card game would get going, pontoon usually as it was a quick game and easy to pick up the coins off the pavement if a copper showed up, they were seldom caught gambling because they normally posted a few small kids ‘On guard’ further up each approach to the corner. When some of the small kids had to go home to bed and left their post unprotected, the odd copper would sneak up on the assembled gamblers and they were all lined up against the wall Valentine’s Day massacre style and frisked, then all the names were taken along with all the cash and any smokes the lads had on them, but that was the last they ever heard of it and the lucky copper had a bonus for his night on the beat.
Corruption has always been with us and always will, right on down the line, even to taking pennies from poor street kids.
all well and good Jem but where's them Youtubes????
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

Going back to when I was a small boy we had ‘Corner Boys’ over here in the City, I don’t know what you called them in your parts, but they were before the Teddy boys, not quite hooligans, just suspicious looking lads who usually hung around street corners trying to look their best. Smoking but no drinking and nobody had even heard of drugs then, they waited for the girls to pass by, then they would practice the wolf whistle with a bit of slagging thrown in, all quite harmless and the girls seemed to love it too because they kept coming back for more and the girls all tried to look their best too. Now and then a row would break out between rival wannabe leaders, sort of like an online forum, but nothing too serious bar a bleeding nose or a fat lip.
At weekends a card game would get going, pontoon usually as it was a quick game and easy to pick up the coins off the pavement if a copper showed up, they were seldom caught gambling because they normally posted a few small kids ‘On guard’ further up each approach to the corner. When some of the small kids had to go home to bed and left their post unprotected, the odd copper would sneak up on the assembled gamblers and they were all lined up against the wall Valentine’s Day massacre style and frisked, then all the names were taken along with all the cash and any smokes the lads had on them, but that was the last they ever heard of it and the lucky copper had a bonus for his night on the beat.
Corruption has always been with us and always will, right on down the line, even to taking pennies from poor street kids.
Invokes wonderful memories of when we knew our place in life and things were...so normal Jem. (mind you my mum would have leathered me twice over if she knew half of what I got up too)

Thank you Gumbud, Pugs, Spitty, Robert and your good self Jem for continuing to keep this scribbler reader very much entertained
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 08:44 PM

Hello Possums
I am only home for a while.
Who is solo?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 09:06 PM

Great to hear from you again Solo, and thank you for your very kind words.

Solo is a long standing member Sweetie, a lovely lady who has contributed to scribbles several times over the years.

I’m up to me neck with builders pouncing in and out the house all day, dust all over the place, tripping over bits of wood and buckets of plaster…and yerman want’s youtube videos!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 09:24 PM

Builders and their mess!!!
Who wants Youtube????

I never understood GO GO girls they never went anywhere.
Pans People I think I know of them.
What about Bunny Girls?
I actually know one, she retired to Bournemouth. She is still a beauty for her age.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 10:13 PM

The Gummy fella want’s me to go through that brain numbing process of up loading youtube videos again, you have to be in the right mood to try that and I’m too tired right now, probably take me a while to get over the mess here in the house.

Bunny girls, weren’t they hostesses in the Playboy clubs?
No Playboy clubs over here when I was younger so all I know about a Bunny girl is she wore a one piece swimsuit with two big ears on her head and a white ball on her bum, I believe the ball was in fact the nut end of a bolt and if you turned it anticlockwise it would screw out and her arse would fall off, well so a fella from Belfast was telling me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 10:28 PM

See, we focus on the Kids, where all this stuff started, but, what about the Coppers, where did they come from, and why did they forget?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 02:45 AM

spitties gone off the boil again - take the blue pills spittie not the green one!

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Hello Possums
I am only home for a while.
Who is solo?
Not me Sweetie, this is not a dating site.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

30-01-2018, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
spitties gone off the boil again - take the blue pills spittie not the green one!

They ain't Pills Gummy, they are Capsules, silly person.

Page 459 of 1676 « First < 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 469 509 559 959 1459 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top