Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 11:09 AM

Re: Printers

I think us old un's tend to replace what we get used to. I used two Lexmark printers and was very happy with them both, easy to use and a first class print, but sent a shiver down my spine when I had to replace the ink cartridges. Due to the high cost and the unavailability of the cartridges I decided to try something else.

I have got a perfectly good scanner/Copier so I only needed to buy a stand alone printer.........No chance! Nowadays they only come all singing and dancing so I ended up with a Canon. Quite complicated [I haven't figured out all the things it can do yet] but it does a good print job, and it doesn't stop when the colour cartridge runs out - you can still carry on printing in black....Good for just documents.

My only worry would be Silver Tabby, is that ink jet printers get messed up over the years. The jets get blocked and don't perform like they used to. When you replace a cartridge you are also replacing the jets. If you only fill up the tanks I would think that the jets will eventually end up in a right state....could be wrong...
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Samsung Express M2835DW laser printer for both bog standard prints or proofing photographs. For colour and photography, my Canon Pro9000 Mk2 is an A3 printer, and I have used 3rd party inks for years with no ill effects. I also have the CanoScan 9000 Mk2
Petrhaps the key question is - what level of cost/quality do you need. I would avoid and ink jet for BW correspondence etc.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 03:33 PM

I use these people for all my printer needs, they have a sale on at the moment. I can't remember having a problem with their cartridges, it might be worth a try.
https://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/hub?...Pdw8ZJsrJ_IpkQ
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I use these people for all my printer needs, they have a sale on at the moment. I can't remember having a problem with their cartridges, it might be worth a try.
https://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/hub?...Pdw8ZJsrJ_IpkQ
Bugger me! I didn't realise you could read and write Rehab........But I hope you've got a sense of humour, else I'm dead.....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:47 AM

That is an interesting site, Rehab, thank you.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Bugger me! I didn't realise you could read and write Rehab........But I hope you've got a sense of humour, else I'm dead.....
Bugger! I thought you were already
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

23-06-2017, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That is an interesting site, Rehab, thank you.
You are more than welcome, (whatever that is supposed to mean) ST
Senex
California, USA
Senex is male  Senex has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
My Epson printer is just about at the end of it's useful life and I have been wondering about it's replacement. Due to the high cost of ink cartridges I have been considering one of these:-

https://www.epson.co.uk/for-home/ecotank

Have any of you used these?

Are they any good?
The Epson Expression ET-2600 and ET-2700 get pretty good reviews here. Another option is CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) but not all inkjets take them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top