Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:12 PM

Re: Why not keep it all in your own hands?

Originally Posted by Racker ->
If you'd have read my initial post, you'd know that I merely pointed to an out-of-the-box solution, that wouldn't cost Britain a penny and would give the British countries a chance to make arrangements among themselves. With the EU standing toothless on the sideline.

I merely pointed out that Britain is, and always will be, in Europe. EU member or not.

In truth: it's of no intrest whatsoever to me, personally. The only reason I'm still taking part in this discussion is, that I'm amazed and fascinated by the half/twisted truths and the excited, disputable personal opinions (more than often posted as facts) that are used to overcome each other in this thread.

Begging your pardon.... I was under the impression that it was you that brought up the war.... Assumptions... assumptions... I think I made myself quite clear on this point in my reply to Realist: http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...89#post1274689
I've obviously burst your little fantasist bubble........sweeeet!

Welcome to the real world, Racker!!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We voted to leave, it was our decision that the EU was not for us.

What I do not understand is this constant criticism of the EU.

The decision to leave has been taken, what the EU is or is not, is really nothing to do with us at all now.

The remaining members can stay in, it is their choice, or they can leave, again their choice.

We have chosen to leave the biggest trading block in the world and in doing so we are not only leaving the Single Market, we are leaving every Trade Agreement we had as part of the EU.

The EU is under no obligation at all to give us a Trade Deal,any Trade Deal, most certainly not the one we want.

It is not the EU who has fixed a date for leaving and then asked for a Transition period because they are not ready to leave on that date, it is the UK who has done that.

It is not the EU who has objected to the UK continuing with other Free Deals, it is the other Countries who have said no and objected to the WTO, annoyed by our arrogance in telling them what deal they will be giving us.

We may or may not get a Free Trade Deal with the EU, they will offer the UK what suits them, not what suits the UK.

That is the way of the world.

Even tiny New Zealand has objected to the UK's proposals.

A Trade deal with the USA will require we open our market up to factory farmed, GM fed, antibiotic stuffed beef and pork and chlorine washed chicken.

India has said no deal unless we allow more immigration for Indians wanting to come and work in the UK.

Instead of arguing amongst themselves and generally messing things up, our Politicians need to do what we elected them to do, which is to make sure we leave on the day with as many deals as possible in place.
We don't need a trade deal from the EU.

A free trade deal is in their interests more than ours..

I'm just as happy to drive a Chevvy as a Merc.

When I visit the USA I don't take EU food with me I eat US food......I survive.

If little old New Zealand can survive and thrive outwith the EU I'm sure the mighty UK can too.

I rest my case!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

If little old New Zealand can survive and thrive outwith the EU I'm sure the mighty UK can too.

I rest my case!
That's my philosophy too.

I am exceeding bored with all the prophesies of doom.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:58 PM

Fake news :

Originally Posted by Realist ->
BrExit is the best thing to happen to this country for countless years?
Truth :" It's a cesspit. Corrupt to its very core."

But I don't want my country owned and run by a set of megalomaniacs
So you will sacking the Government?

Though I still do not believe it will be allowed to happen.
I hope this bit isn't fake news!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Um what about borders between London and the rest of us ? If London was in the eu presumedly they would have free movement those of us outside of London would be hard pressed to stop people just coming out of London. Far too many roads lead in and out.
Worked OK for Berlin. You just build a wall only allow a few roads in or out and lay mines across the rest. Easy, can't see a problem.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

I rest my case!
Hi

If we do not need a Free Trade Deal with the EU then why are we asking for one?

If we do not need the Free Trade Deals we have with 50 other Countries as part of the EU why are we trying to keep them?

Why are the Brexit supporting media, the Express and Mail in particular, shouting so loud about the EU not giving us a Free Trade Deal?

One of the advantages of Brexit was to allow us to strike Free Trade Deals with everyone.

One of the disadvantages of no Free Trade Deal with the EU is the number of Foreign Companies based here in the UK because we are part of the EU and a manufacturing plant here means those goods can be exported Tariff Free to the EU.

No deal means that those goods will be subject to WTO Tariffs and that there is no advantage to them remaining in the UK.

Ford for example produces it's engines here in the UK and sends them Tariff Free to the EU for use in their car assembly plants there.

No Deal would mean Tariffs for them, less profit and a change in their Business plan.

The £ will have to sink a lot lower to balance out the cost of Tariffs.
Moscow
Scotland

15-11-2017, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If we do not need a Free Trade Deal with the EU then why are we asking for one?

If we do not need the Free Trade Deals we have with 50 other Countries as part of the EU why are we trying to keep them?

Why are the Brexit supporting media, the Express and Mail in particular, shouting so loud about the EU not giving us a Free Trade Deal?

One of the advantages of Brexit was to allow us to strike Free Trade Deals with everyone.

One of the disadvantages of no Free Trade Deal with the EU is the number of Foreign Companies based here in the UK because we are part of the EU and a manufacturing plant here means those goods can be exported Tariff Free to the EU.

No deal means that those goods will be subject to WTO Tariffs and that there is no advantage to them remaining in the UK.

Ford for example produces it's engines here in the UK and sends them Tariff Free to the EU for use in their car assembly plants there.

No Deal would mean Tariffs for them, less profit and a change in their Business plan.

The £ will have to sink a lot lower to balance out the cost of Tariffs.
I said we don't need a trade deal not we don't need a free trade deal and I said that to mean a deal is more in their inter
ests than ours as we will trade on WTO rules, as will they which is worse for them.. The sooner we know where we are at the better and the delay is thanks to the EU intransigence, not ours.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 10:53 AM

It's nice to see someone with a positive outlook on Brexit for a change.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-windfall.html

The article is not just about NHS funding, by the way.

And:

http://www.westmonster.com/mogg-clea...-over-5-years/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So you will sacking the Government?
Yes, I would personally remove the current set of politicians who ARE ALL stooges put in place by the EU. So Tory and Looney Labour alike, get rid of the lot of them.

Then get rid of the Common Purpose stooges and pass new laws about membership of secret societies, having mandatory declaration of memberships and so on.

Then re-establish properly the British Constitution so that no fraudulent politicians or monarchy can ever again sell this country to a foreign power.

But it will never happen.

Neither will BrExit.

It should be obvious to all by now that the EU stooge politicians are all playing out a farce and purposefully brainwashing the electorate.

The Tories are being deliberately poor in government in order to create the conditions for a Labour government who will promise a 2nd referendum.

Corbyn hates the EU. He has always opposed it.

But he is a duplicitous puppet and a con man. He will do as he is told by the EU masters. He will offer people a 2nd referendum, presented and packaged however he chooses, but it will amount to the same thing.

There is no democracy here. We are an enslaved nation slowly being destroyed.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 02:27 AM

Brexit will happen but leave voters wont be happy.

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top