Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:37 PM

Re: Theresa May accuses Russia of launching a 'fake news' war against the West

All this doesn't change the fact that it is happening and not just in the Uk. Russia is trying it on and only the fools on here wouldn't believe it. Then of course we will wake up with Corbyn in power, then you'll see a real mess. You pays your money you takes your pick.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:48 PM

Hey Rainmaker I don't believe it and I'm not a fool ... a sadist maybe but not a fool.

Now bend over ..
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hey Rainmaker I don't believe it and I'm not a fool ... a sadist maybe but not a fool.

Now bend over ..
Not likely, not with my arthritis.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 02:28 PM

I'll let you off then
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 05:42 PM

She is putting on her Thatcher Strong leader Hat.

Russian interference could be her Falklands/crush the unions/subsidised homes for the workers.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

14-11-2017, 07:17 PM

She made a speech warning them off, not a declaration of war. Do you not believe the Russians are producing fake news and attempting to influence elections in the west then?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-11-2017, 07:50 PM

But don't you think she's overreacting a little and been taking gung-ho lesson from Trump?

She accused Russia of engaging in a growing range of hostile actions against European countries.

Best quote of the week ...
"We do not want to return to the Cold War, or to be in a state of perpetual confrontation. So whilst we must beware, we also want to engage – which is why in the coming months the Foreign Secretary will be visiting Moscow.

Anyone else fall off their chair laughing at that ?
Someone give Ms May a whoopee cushion.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
She made a speech warning them off, not a declaration of war. Do you not believe the Russians are producing fake news and attempting to influence elections in the west then?
I certainly don't.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-11-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Fake news and propaganda wars? Don't they all do it? From the little fat Korean to Trump to the collective EU.

The question is to what degree does it affect elections.
I think most people make up their own minds though most will concede that fake news can be a potent media weapon nowadays.
I just wish May hadn't felt the need to jump on the bandwagon when she has considerably more pressing things to occupy her.

Ask the electorate and I don't think many people would put those naughty Russians at the top of the To Do Hit list.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 09:45 PM

Something occured to me as I walked Betty, why is it wrong Russia tries to influence us but USA Obama was out and out not just influencing but threatening, back of the queue anyone remember ?

Junker too tried as do varies rather rich men by financing parties ?

I might just be too cynical but they all seem to be doing it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top