Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 07:17 AM

Re: You're #1 simple but impressive dish!

Paella
Tagliatelle
Beef in Guinness
Colcannon with bacon

Pavlova
Tiramisu
Cannoli Siciliani
Charlotte Russe
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Mine is Eagle Boys seafood pizza but they went broke so I am at a loss now because the only place that does a decent pizza in my area is Crust Gourmet Pizza and they are too expensive - $23 for a pizza?? get real!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 11:59 AM

Easiest is have no friends so no need to cook anything special.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Easiest is have no friends so no need to cook anything special.
What a sad point of view, Realspeed.

I love to cook - not just for friends - but for me too!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:37 PM

My frittata goes down quite well as does my mushroom and Parmesan risotto. I do a really good chip and roast potato too !
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 02:59 PM

Chicken & Sweet Potato with a honey orange sauce

Ribs with Sauerkraut and Apple

Stuffed Pork Chops
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 06:39 PM

Hi, my favourite easy-peasy dish if doing an evening meal for visiting family or friends coming over for a meal (adults only of course) is my lovely huge, oversized dish of Shepherds Pie, (enough for two helpings each for 4, washed down with glasses of Prosecco. (used to be glasses of champagne, but much prefer the fruitier taste of Prosecco nowadays. not to say the price too!).

it's a firm favourite and so much easier than all the hassle of making other meals. I obviously make it beforehand, pop it into the fridge, take it out 30 mins to room temp, preheat oven and shove it in for 50 minutes. So easy and lets me be with my family or friends instead of slaving over a stove.
Plus, the aroma of a Shepherds Pie is lovely. Yum.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 10:00 AM

I just like cooking whether for us or friends.

Chilli.
Liver and bacon.
Tuna casserole.
Fish cakes.
Savory rissoles.

A lot of the things I cook are my own variation from basic recipes. One thing that suprises me is when we invite someone that they ask me to make hamburgers. One of the easiest things to make but apparently mine are really good.
effingpot
Hampshire, UK
effingpot is male  effingpot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 12:40 AM

I'd be interested in your rib recipe(s)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 07:51 AM

I can really impress with my omelettes. I try different ingredients and just use 3 eggs whipped up. It's the easiest dish but for impressing technique is all. My favourites are smoked salmon, cheese and spinach (the salmon turns into hot smoked salmon - yummy) and padano cheese, wild mushrooms, spinach and garlic. But I've been known to use anything that's lying around. Celery is a really nice omelette ingredient and really makes it healthy.

The other really simple one is baked salmon with mashed potatoes. It's so easy to make just in a bit of foil with some sliced fennel. A bit of grilled courgette with olive oil and garlic on the side.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top