Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 11:52 AM

Re: UK minimum wage: Steep increases could kickstart workplace automation revolution

Warning of bad language!

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 12:04 PM

Re: UK minimum wage: Steep increases could kickstart workplace automation revolution

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I am all for people earning a decent wage to live on but it is true, the more these things are enforced, the more jobs will be lost.
Personally and I may be odd I preferred earning what I was worth by working to a high standard and not taking days off etc then going to my boss and saying look at this work ethic do you want me to continue or should I seek more elsewhere. I never lost a job always got a rise every two years, it was usually a good one too.

Now everyone has to be paid the same so it's nmw for us all, doesn't matter how high my standard is or how long o work I'm paid same as those who don't bother and have regular days off.

Doesn't make me work less hard but I often think who's the idiot me or the ones getting the money for Les effort ? Retorical question don't answer that

I think if people are paid what they are worth they try harder.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 12:05 PM

Re Brassed off..

The closure of the pits ended a way of life .
But what else could have happened ?
It was bound to happen at some point .
And Arthur Scargill didn't help
Many pits had become uneconomic to mine and say what you like it was a rotten hard job .
I come from a mining family .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 12:57 PM

And what happens if there's a power cut, or who repairs the machines if they happen to break down???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
And what happens if there's a power cut, or who repairs the machines if they happen to break down???
Snap but you were quicker to the point
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Snap but you were quicker to the point
Always quick off the mark Julie darlin'.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 04:20 PM

Salaries are the biggest expenditure for most employers, so they reduced their workers and spent money on computers... that could do the jobs faster. Now there are more advanced robots being developed, so they can do more active jobs.
The working population will dramatically reduce, in time and the only significant humans will be those who are experts in electronics.

Power cuts will cause problems, but they will find a way to deal with them. Robots will be doing operations, food will be manufactured by robots and these robots will become more advanced over time.

The future will sound like a Sci Fi horror ..... but it will happen! We have nobody to blame but ourselves because humans became greedy and lazy... so always wanted more. We try to preserve all life, but expect somebody else to care for them. We lock evil people in prisons for years, while the taxpayer provides for them.

I don't think it will happen in my lifetime, but eventually only the elite humans are likely to survive and it will be easy to destroy the ordinary humans who protest in demonstrations.
It would make a very scary film, but as plans are slowly advancing in that fashion, how many of us think it may be fact and not fiction?

When computers advanced into everyday banking, some people said "people will lose their jobs" but people couldn't see that happening.Yet, in the not too distant future, how many bank branches will be on your high street? Bank clerks will not be pursuing a career, they will be a reduced number of minions sitting in call centres and getting all the complaints from customers. Most bank staff in the 1970's, could never see it happening , but the people at the top were planning it that way
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 04:25 PM

Remember the film Soylent Green?
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Salaries are the biggest expenditure for most employers, so they reduced their workers and spent money on computers... that could do the jobs faster. Now there are more advanced robots being developed, so they can do more active jobs.
The working population will dramatically reduce, in time and the only significant humans will be those who are experts in electronics.

Power cuts will cause problems, but they will find a way to deal with them. Robots will be doing operations, food will be manufactured by robots and these robots will become more advanced over time.

The future will sound like a Sci Fi horror ..... but it will happen! We have nobody to blame but ourselves because humans became greedy and lazy... so always wanted more. We try to preserve all life, but expect somebody else to care for them. We lock evil people in prisons for years, while the taxpayer provides for them.

I don't think it will happen in my lifetime, but eventually only the elite humans are likely to survive and it will be easy to destroy the ordinary humans who protest in demonstrations.
It would make a very scary film, but as plans are slowly advancing in that fashion, how many of us think it may be fact and not fiction?

When computers advanced into everyday banking, some people said "people will lose their jobs" but people couldn't see that happening.Yet, in the not too distant future, how many bank branches will be on your high street? Bank clerks will not be pursuing a career, they will be a reduced number of minions sitting in call centres and getting all the complaints from customers. Most bank staff in the 1970's, could never see it happening , but the people at the top were planning it that way
Very good post Twink. I think I better employ some eastern European robots to pick my apples pears and strawberrys.
All Joking Apart it will happen as you say. We have driverless tractors already.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 04:45 PM

Hi

A CNC Machine in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdZ_moCWYto

This is the future of manufacturing.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top