Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 01:06 PM

Re: Spreadable butter

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
That's a good idea, Barry! I use Anchor spreadable. Don't know what's in it, but like the taste.
We also use Anchor spreadable. The only problem with it is that it quite often slips off the knife before reaching the bread.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 01:27 PM

I use Tesco Olive Oil Lite spread. Much better for you than butter or marg.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I was under the impression that spreadable butter contain higher levels of trans fats.
Am I wrong?
Yes Monday's Child, I read somewhere that if you can spread it from the fridge it's the 'Trans-Fat' that makes it spreadable. Bad News!

I've been using Bertolli with Butter and Olive oil, it does spread from the fridge and I've had to get my spyglass to read the writing on the back it's so small. Apparently there is only 10% butter in it 17% Olive Oil the rest seems to be made up of all sorts of oils and fats.....Buttermilk, Palm oil, rapeseed oil, milk fat 8.3% and vitamins A and D, so at least when I die my skin will look healthy........

Anyway, whatever's in it I'm off to make a tuna sandwich with it...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 03:02 PM

I've taken to using best butter lately.
All I do is put the required amount I use in a day in a dish and keep it at room temperature.

I keep the block of butter in the fridge & the next day repeat the process.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 03:07 PM

We buy block butter and add as much vegetable oil as is needed to keep it spreadable. Easy and cheaper than any alternatives.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
All I do is put the required amount I use in a day in a dish and keep it at room temperature.

I would probably do the same if I was that organised but I know I would forget to take it out of the fridge.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 03:50 PM

I use Lurpack spreadable. Now I am going to copy Barry.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-01-2018, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I use Lurpack spreadable. Now I am going to copy Barry.
I was thinking the same. Barry's idea does sound a good one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 04:23 PM

I always use butter for baking but Bertolli is a lovely substitute for sandwiches.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Same here Carol, I take out half of the block of Kerrygold from the fridge and put it into my trusty little stainless steel butter dish with its lid on and leave it out for the day at room temperature. Same with the remaining half next day and so on. I eat a lot of jacket potatoes and it HAS TO HAVE real butter on the top.
I do also buy a small tub of Clover to use when adding to vegetables or when slowly cooking Lambs Liver etc, but nothing beats real butter on my bread.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top