Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 10:00 PM

Price of staying alive

My friend has got oedema, her hand is discoloured & swollen, & there is no pulse in her left leg. Her Dr has done tests & decided that unfortunately medication she takes is causing these problems, but due to other health conditions she must not stop taking these drugs
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 10:06 PM

Re: Price of staying alive

That's sad deylon, most drugs have side effects it's usually a choice between the disease and if you can stand them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
My friend has got oedema, her hand is discoloured & swollen, & there is no pulse in her left leg. Her Dr has done tests & decided that unfortunately medication she takes is causing these problems, but due to other health conditions she must not stop taking these drugs
But what is the medication she is already taking?
She, and her doctor, must balance the advantages and disadvantages of her not taking the drugs, and I assume that is what they have done.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 08:01 PM

Inthe past she has had a mental breakdown and has been warned if she comes off these drugs [ cant remember names ] her mental state will be bad and she could be certfied aand placed in a mental unit
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 08:30 PM

Inthe past she has had a mental breakdown and has been warned if she comes off these drugs [ cant remember names ] her mental state will be bad and she could be certfied aand placed in a mental unit
Good heavens! Surely there must be some alternative medication or alternative treatment that might work without the unwanted side effects?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 09:00 PM

While it's true that coming off some types of antipsychotic medication is dangerous I don't think anyone should be threatened they'll end up certified .
Time for a second opinion I would say .
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 10:28 PM

Is this drug Lithium? I was prescribed that years ago (my mum had died and I was depressed) and was told I would be on it for years. It drove me nuts - I started taking huge risks and made mistakes with my work - so I stopped taking it and felt perfectly okay!

Perhaps your friend needs to stop taking it and see what happens...........and treat herself to a holiday!!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Is this drug Lithium? I was prescribed that years ago (my mum had died and I was depressed) and was told I would be on it for years. It drove me nuts - I started taking huge risks and made mistakes with my work - so I stopped taking it and felt perfectly okay!

Perhaps your friend needs to stop taking it and see what happens...........and treat herself to a holiday!!
What a casual and dangerous suggestion that is .

Lithium is prescribed in suspected cases of Bi Polar disorder or manic depression as it used to be called by the way . No wonder you started to take huge risks ,a sign of mania , that wouldn't be because of the lithium tho .
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
What a casual and dangerous suggestion that is .

Lithium is prescribed in suspected cases of Bi Polar disorder or manic depression as it used to be called by the way . No wonder you started to take huge risks ,a sign of mania , that wouldn't be because of the lithium tho .
Excuse me? I'm one of the Say It As I See It!!

In my case lithium was prescribed by a private clinic for a case of depression after bereavment, It is a hugely toxic drug - which gave rise to manic behaviour, not prevalent prior to taking the drug! This was my experience - NOT an opinion!
Zuleika
North West UK

28-01-2018, 12:10 AM

Say it as I see it ? What's that supposed to mean in this case ?
So you advise another member to tell her friend to stop taking the drug simply because you stopped taking lithium , yes, a hugely toxic drug .and take a holiday .
I hope the OP doesn't take your irresponsible advice. .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top