Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 09:40 PM

Re: Run out of tablets

I had problems a couple of weeks ago.My pharmacy didnt deliver my meds. and when I rang them they told me they'd already been delivered. I argued that they had not delivered them, and that I wouldnt have enough left for next day. The pharmacist said she would try to get an emergency prescription from the Dr and later that afternoon my monthes supply of meds. arrived .I suspect someone had forgotten to deliver them to me
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Julie My GP's surgery get us to ask for repeat prescriptions online and they are ready to collect 2 working days later at my selected pharmacy.
The online request form has a small box where you can request other meds which are not on your repeats list. You just type the name of the meds in the box, explain why they are not on your repeats and the doctor will authorize,or tell you why they have been refused.
If the meds you needed were prescribed by your doctor, he would be responsible if you needed them and he had refused them.
I am appalled by how many people are not getting a satisfactory prescription service!

that sounds a good system . Ours are done by the Doctor and then faxed to the Pharmacy, but the beauty of our system is that we can then go to any pharmacy anywhere in the country, just give them our personal number and date of birth, they can then access you medication and provide it for you, also means that if one pharmacy doest have it you can trot off to another one .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 10:37 PM

I am surprised at all these problems of repeats meds.

I don't ever have to request a repleat at all.

When my meds are coming to an end, I just pop up the pharmacy next door to the GP's, give my name, and they just go and find it.
It is already bagged up and waiting for me.

They told me once, that about a fortnight after people have collected their medicine, they re-apply to the docs for the next repeat.
Then once the GP has done the paperwork, it goes back to the chemist for making up and it is then kept in alphabetical order until patients collect it.

So it's all done for us. All you have to do is go and fetch it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My GP asked to see me last week, no appointments available so I asked for a repeat but as a new addition my latest meds weren't available on repeat. So interesting couple of days I ran out yesterday and have an appointment tomorrow afternoon.

If I have consequences I am wondering who gets the blame ? Receptionist doing her job as she's told to, GP not making sure I could access an appointment or meds ? Or just put it down to a failing NHS ?
Hi Julie, this is interesting!

If your GP asked to see you, was this face to face when you were last there with him?
If so, then how could you leave the surgery without solving the problem?

You ask who's fault it is...well it's yours for leaving with the problem still unresolved, it's the receptionist's fault for not having the gumption to ask the Doctor to resolve the problem...a phonecall later?...and it's the Doctor's fault for asking for something which turns out not to be possible...no actually that's not his fault!...because he doesn't know, because the stupid receptionist hasn't told him, because (perhaps) you haven't made enough FUSS!!!

Who's the Important One here? You are!
Your needs are paramount, and they are not being met!

I would never walk out the surgery door with a problem unsolved or a question unanswered.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 12:39 PM

Phone call after a nurse appointment to take blood. I don't speak to the GP at all.

I got an appointment finally yesterday, so back on my meds today, but when talking to her we discovered someone has removed all my anaphylaxis kit epipens and meds off the repeat system ! She had no idea who did it but is going to look into it.

One funny thing happened while I was there I got up to leave forgetting my gloves so she said oops you've left you gloves, I went back put them on and started for the door only for her to say now you've left your bag, sure had I had put it down to put the gloves on. I said when I see you next week if I remember perhaps we can talk about my memory

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top