Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:54 AM

Re: Replacement Nespresso pods

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree. I have ordered on Sunday night and it's been there the next morning.

There's nothing wrong with Nespresso as such but they never really give any incentive to buy from them. They often offer money off new machines but who needs anew machine when there's nothing wrong with the one they have? They should offer a free pack here and there. The only thing I got free from them was a box of chocolates for answering a survey on the phone but I did have to remind them about it.
When we bought our machine from John Lewis, it was priced at £60, but with it came a voucher for £40 of pods which we sent for.

£20 isn't bad for the machine, and we didn't already have a proper machine so thought that was well worth it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 11:55 AM

Sorry, that should be ROAST 8 not Blend 8.
I'll tell t'wife.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
When we bought our machine from John Lewis, it was priced at £60, but with it came a voucher for £40 of pods which we sent for.

£20 isn't bad for the machine, and we didn't already have a proper machine so thought that was well worth it.
That was a good deal. We went for the one with the milk frother.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:34 AM

I'll tell t'wife.
My best advice is not to kick a cup of all over the floor and rug - as I did last night.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-02-2018, 11:36 AM

My best advice is not to kick a cup of all over the floor and rug - as I did last night.
No need. The cats do that.
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm a Dolce Gusto girl myself
And simply nothing else will do!
(Raises pinky as she sips )

same here Rhian.....Rather expensive tho....8 cups for 5 pound......But i wouldnt change my Americano Fix .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-02-2018, 12:09 AM

Sorry, that should be ROAST 8 not Blend 8.
We've just been to Altrincham, trying out my new bus pass. Actually, I've had it since last August.

We had a look in the Sainsbury's there and I'm afraid they don't have it. Still, we'll keep looking.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

10-02-2018, 11:33 AM

We've just been to Altrincham, trying out my new bus pass. Actually, I've had it since last August.

We had a look in the Sainsbury's there and I'm afraid they don't have it. Still, we'll keep looking.
That's weird, I got mine in Sainsbury's. I suppose all stores are different.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:42 PM

They cost £3 for ten capsules and of course there's no delivery to pay.

Do any of you use the Nespresso machine and have you found any suitable replacements?
I have always shunned pod machines because of the disadvantageous "closed shop" proposition and the fact that you have absolutely no control over your coffee.

These machines offer great convenience at the expense of the quality and choice of the most important thing . . . the coffee itself.

I can't imagine British people would be happy to have their choice of tea brutally restricted. They are used to buying whatever brand they want, tea bags or tea leaves from cheap crap right up to Japanese Sensha.

So why would you restrict your coffee choices. Pod coffee is largely crap, you know it has to be because of the business model. You have no idea when that coffee was roasted, how it was processed, how old it really is. You're trading convenience for quality of coffee. It's a losing proposition.

If you are remotely interested in coffee then you buy coffee beans and grind them yourself fresh. You buy coffee beans carefully, check the "Roasted on" date to know hold old they are and you select/create your favourite blends, Kenyan, Costa Rican, Colombian etc etc

Real coffee drinkers, if they used a pod machine, would buy reusable empty pods and the gadgetry associated and make up their own pods with really good coffee that they have ground themselves from beans.

Problem is, doing this negates all of the benefit of convenience that pod machines offer. You may as well spend more and buy a proper coffee machine.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:49 PM

I love these Nescafé Instant evangelists.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top