Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:37 AM

Re: Children cleaning Schools

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Things were much more disciplined and regimented at school in those days and all the better for it I think. For example we always had to stand when an adult entered the room which helped to teach respect for authority, something which is sadly lacking these days...
Gracie's school they stand at side of desk and wait for the teacher to enter and sit, only sit when told. It was one of the things attracted us to trying out private education, she wasn't a naughty child but we felt a bit of structure was missing from the local primary.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Gracie's school they stand at side of desk and wait for the teacher to enter and sit, only sit when told. It was one of the things attracted us to trying out private education, she wasn't a naughty child but we felt a bit of structure was missing from the local primary.
We had to do the same with a good morning/afternoon Mr **** or Mrs**** before we were allowed to sit down
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:46 AM

We had to clear our desk tops and pick up anything dropped on the floor, our chairs had to be pushed in to the desks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:48 AM

We had to put our chairs up on the desks, ready for the cleaners I suppose.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:56 AM

I remember stacking chairs before we left class for the day, we put everything away tidy but I can't remember ever cleaning.

Singapore is beautifully clean, their littering laws are brutal though large fines, community cleaning, prison and caning all used as punishment...and chewing gum is banned with up to two years imprisonment and caning if you defy the law.

I love a clean environment but I would hate to live there, great for a visit though just stay within the rules.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
That to me smacks of poor teaching in schools. if the teachers got their subject over to the children properly to understand then there is no need for much homework.

Like everything nowadays standards have slipped so far they are impossible to get back
I agree I don't believe in homework for primary schools except for reading or projects .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
We had to do the same with a good morning/afternoon Mr **** or Mrs**** before we were allowed to sit down
So did we I am sure it won't hurt children to do the same today
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 12:08 PM

Hi

You can make homework fun for kids.

In Poland they use card games to teach languages, littlies play them with older siblings or parents.

A picture and a word and you have to match them.

Littlies pick things up so much quicker.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You can make homework fun for kids.

In Poland they use card games to teach languages, littlies play them with older siblings or parents.

A picture and a word and you have to match them.
Littlies pick things up so much quicker.
They do that here also, in fact it starts at pre-school age and we can buy the cards ourselves.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 12:18 PM

So far as cleaning the school at the age of 4/5 yrs goes.. personally I think that's bordering cruelty , they're still babies !
Maybe they begin school at a later age in Poland, like so many other countries do.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top