Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dasrishill
New Member!
Uk
dasrishill is male 

08-02-2018, 03:51 PM

Plantar fasciitis?

I started to get some serious foot pain around the arch of my left foot. I decided to go see my GP who examined my feet and then told me I had plantar fasciiitis. He was in a bit of a rush so he didn't really explain much on what I could do about it and how to treat it..only that I should put my feet up and rest. I have been doing some research and it looks as though plantar fasciitis will keep on coming back if I don't treat the underlining causes of it. One way to do this is to apparently wear insoles... is this true? if so what are the best insoles for treating plantar fasciitis? I also read that this condition mainly affects runners.. but I am definitely not a runner and have no recollection as to what caused it. It must be yet just another sign of me getting older.

Has anyone else experienced this injury? Does any have any good advice for treating it and stopping it from coming back?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Re: Plantar fasciitis?

Hi,

I had it once and went to a clinic about it.

They suggested buying special shoes with special insoles. The Clinic gave me a pair of Insoles, but I couldn't get on with them, they are like huge, thick plastic things. The only other thing is a Cortisone Injection which hurts.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:06 PM

ShoeInsoles.co.uk/Plantar_FasciitisAd
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
ShoeInsoles.co.uk/Plantar_FasciitisAd
Susie that link doesn’t work for me ..... it says Error
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by dasrishill ->
I started to get some serious foot pain around the arch of my left foot. I decided to go see my GP who examined my feet and then told me I had plantar fasciiitis. He was in a bit of a rush so he didn't really explain much on what I could do about it and how to treat it..only that I should put my feet up and rest. I have been doing some research and it looks as though plantar fasciitis will keep on coming back if I don't treat the underlining causes of it. One way to do this is to apparently wear insoles... is this true? if so what are the best insoles for treating plantar fasciitis? I also read that this condition mainly affects runners.. but I am definitely not a runner and have no recollection as to what caused it. It must be yet just another sign of me getting older.

Has anyone else experienced this injury? Does any have any good advice for treating it and stopping it from coming back?

Yes matey, you need your GP to refer you to the podiatrist dept at your local hospital. Once seen there, they should take a mould of your feet and have special insoles made to your unique foot shape.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:42 PM

PlantarFasciitisExerciseSheetWeb.pdf
Might be of help.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:50 PM

I got insoles from the podiatrist initially along with exercises, and then bought decent trainers that supported my feet better and cushioned my heel. I find graduated compression socks with built in plantar support enough these days. It took ages to get to that point though.

I never found rest helped much as you need to do stretch exercises to have a decent chance of helping it.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:18 PM

I've got it in my right foot (and a duff cartilage in the left knee so I'm doubly buggered) and it can be very painful.

I found some simple exercises online that have helped.

If you get pain up under the heel when you first stand up....taking your shoes off and pulling your big toe towards you and holding it for about 10 seconds is supposed to stretch the Achilles tendon thus reducing the pain.

Stand on a stair (facing the stairs, not the room!) and let your heels hang over the edge, then gradually drop your heels as far as you can without falling over. Do this a few times and it again stretches the Achilles.

And rolling a tennis ball around under your instep is supposed to help.

Personally I have bought orthotic support insoles and used them along with memory foam insoles for a bit of cushioning. Having recently put them in the very flat boots I wear indoors I have noticed an improvement.

I am in agreement with Julie that although official guidelines say rest, too much rest causes further problems.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Try this...

http://www.shoeinsoles.co.uk
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

08-02-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Ah it didn't work for me either Mags, it was alright when I looked it up on the Internet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top