Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:00 PM

Re: Thoughts wanted please...

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Tell them you want a further reductin to remove units and make good decor behind them....or leave the TV.
Listen you.... cover your eye

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:17 PM

I forgot to mention when she did 'imply' she was leaving it, I said 'Thank You'.

I remember the whole conversation, which I will relate to the solicitor. I doubt that word for word conversation will be put in letters back and forth to her solicitors though.

In my solicitors letter it just says the usual 'Please advise immediately of any discrepancies in the Fixtures and Fittings form so I can work with you to resolve any differences'.

I was on my own when I viewed, so maybe I don't have a leg to stand on what was said
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:20 PM

First of all have you agreed to the asking price of the house or had an offer accepted?

This could determine the bargaining strength you hold.

I would go back for a second look trying to find other work that needed doing. Take someone as well to go through everything

You are bound to find something that needs repair - fixing (even main water stop cock in the house) - door and window locks work ok . Check out the central heating and all taps work and don't drip, does the oven work or need cleaning. what about the lighting do they all work

make a note and use that if necessary to use as a lever over the TV situation

Your solicitor should have access to all revelent safety certificates such as electrical- Chimney- windows etc. Insist on having them anyway

We were given a 3 page tick sheet on what was being left and what was being taken even down to door knobs. You solicitor should have one from the vendors solicitor.
However you have to tread carefully until further into negotiations, by which time the vendor would have spent money on legal fees up to that point.

What is said in conversation is not applicable in law it has to be in writing and have a signature.

Finally and you really need to do this is insist the property is taken off the market until you or the vendor backs out
this the selling agent should do
otherwise you may find someone else offering more than you
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:21 PM

Don't be ripped off. You should make your offer conditional on All the implied and apparent inclusions. Don't leave anything out!
After being ripped off badly some years ago........made an offer of the asking price on a house with no chain as the vendors were moving to rented property, the offer was accepted and we were Then told they'd changed theit minds about rented!!!!!

After that, the next offer l made has the following conditions:
My offer woyld be acceoted or rejected within two hours and there woukd be no negotiating
The vendors would move within six weeks
All future discussions woykd take place with the vendors only NOT via the agents
Xy and Z woykd be included in the sale
Any attempt to changemthese conditons would resultmin our total withdrawal from the purchase.

You can add whatever conditions you like to protect yourself and l suggest you cover every possible aspect as there are too many nasty, greedy types out there ready to tske you for a ride.

I can also reccommend a truly wonderful, professional, thorough and qualified solicitor who will do all the conceyancing for a price agreed.

Good luck.
sorry about the typos....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:26 PM

Jusr as an add on........the purchase or sale of a property is just another contract and has to adhere to the law of contracts.......so you can add whatever reasonable conditons you like. Unlike other contracts - property contracts must be by deed- hence the need for conveyancers (beware) or qualified solicitors.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:28 PM

I would ask the vendor to make good the unit if she wants to remove the TV but if I really liked the house a TV wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
It is not something I would stress over .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:30 PM

when we bought this place that was one of the many conditions on the purchase it was taken off the market. Lucky we did as the house had only been up for sale for a week and already had 3 viewing with another booked in two days later.

That blocked any further viewing which gave us breathing space to deal with the legal stuff. If we had not insisted we would not have got this house.
having made 5 house buys when moving we would not have learn't a few "Tricks" in house buying

Good advice from all that have replied so make notes on the posts
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

08-02-2018, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
First of all have you agreed to the asking price of the house or had an offer accepted?
Yes. I tried 5 grand off sighting some bits and bobs that need doing, but she only agreed to a grand. I did think maybe the TV malarky is her way of getting back for that.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What is said in conversation is not applicable in law it has to be in writing and have a signature.
Yes, I did wonder that.

The 2nd time I went back I took my pal, who is also my E.A. who surveyed it. He heard the conversation when I asked about where the aerial was etc but wasn't there with me on the initial viewing, so didn't hear the first conversation.
I'm seeing him on Monday, so will ask what his thoughts are about it or what he might have picked up.

If she backs out, she backs out. I'm not getting into a battle. The last house I put an offer in on was a battle of offers, and I said stuff it and walked away. Been there, done that. Not interested. I can wait, I just worry about my buyer having waited so long (3mths) for me to find something. She's all excited I've put the wheels in motion.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

08-02-2018, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Don't be ripped off. You should make your offer conditional on All the implied and apparent inclusions. Don't leave anything out!
After being ripped off badly some years ago........made an offer of the asking price on a house with no chain as the vendors were moving to rented property, the offer was accepted and we were Then told they'd changed theit minds about rented!!!!!

After that, the next offer l made has the following conditions:
My offer woyld be acceoted or rejected within two hours and there woukd be no negotiating
The vendors would move within six weeks
All future discussions woykd take place with the vendors only NOT via the agents
Xy and Z woykd be included in the sale
Any attempt to changemthese conditons would resultmin our total withdrawal from the purchase.

You can add whatever conditions you like to protect yourself and l suggest you cover every possible aspect as there are too many nasty, greedy types out there ready to tske you for a ride.

I can also reccommend a truly wonderful, professional, thorough and qualified solicitor who will do all the conceyancing for a price agreed.

Good luck.
sorry about the typos....
Thanks for that Lindyloo. They're bugga's some of these vendors aren't they. I've had few in the past - I have wondered sometimes what problems they have in their lives to make them so.... erm.... cruel. Maybe they're just a bunch of control freaks.

All stress related I s'pose.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

08-02-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would ask the vendor to make good the unit if she wants to remove the TV but if I really liked the house a TV wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
It is not something I would stress over .
Another 'make good'. Good to hear (another tick) on my list

Oh, don't get me wrong I'm not stressed about whether a TV is left or not, nor is it a deal breaker if they take it.
It's about not being landed with paying out for a new frontage and the paying for the installation of same.
She could 'make good' just by shoving a bit of white polyfiller in the holes for all I know.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top