Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 09:53 PM

Those Pesky Water Tablets!!

Is anyone else on here on them? I appreciate they are absolutely necessary, but good grief! they are a ruddy pain!

When I first came out of hospital a couple of years ago, I was on 2 x Furosemide per day! It absolutely ruined my social life, I seemed to spend the whole bloomin day in the bathroom going to the loo. I didn't dare go far because of the urge to have a wee every 10 minutes!! It was awful. In the end, I saw my Doc three months ago and told him I couldn't put up with it any longer and he cut it down to 1 a day, (phew!) honestly, to everyone who has never had to take them, you are so lucky.

Now I take my one tablet when I get up at 6am or 7am and put up with it until about 10am. The rest of the day is trouble free. Hoorah!

Anyone else having to put up with these pesky tablets? necessary evil!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 10:03 PM

Re: Those Pesky Water Tablets!!

I take the herbal type (mainly dandelion extract) if my left leg begins to swell - I've had trouble with oedema in that leg for some time and water pills seem to reduce the swelling.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 10:40 PM

Judd so you know how it feels!! I have to take them because Doc said I had heart failure cos the right ventricle decided to go on strike and I blew up all over like the Michelin Man!! it looked so funny if it hadn't been so serious.
I had so much fluid inside my body, I could hold my skin in folds!!!

Hence, ever since, the continuation of these pesky water tablets! but at least nothing untowards has happened since I've been on them, apart from the inconvenience of having to use the convenience!!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 01:34 AM

The tablets I take aren't so severe in action as the prescription type. I borrowed some Furosemide belonging to my mother and they're a damned sight more effective than mine. I could have peed for Britain. Now, I don't mind going for a regular slash but the Furosemide almost changed it into a hobby.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 01:49 PM

Wasn't the water tablets, but the steroids the hospital put me on, which caused my blood sugar to rocket sky high. In order to eliminate such sugar, body was making me 'go' every twenty odd lminutes, day and more particularly at night too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 01:57 PM

Mine apparently make me go at what most people would consider a normal rate, my GP wasn't sympathetic I was alarmed at having to go more than twice a day.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 07:50 PM

Yes they are annoying,I only take 1 but often dont reach the loo in time,especially half asleep at night
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Yes they are annoying,I only take 1 but often dont reach the loo in time,especially half asleep at night

Ahhh - guilty of the cardinal sin darlin' - taking a laxative with a sleeping draught.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top