Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:40 AM

Re: Valentines for your pet ?

I agree Nicol, my dog is a dog and treated as such. She doesn't get treats, fed twice a day, plus a biscuit when she comes in from a walk and one at bedtime and that is it. Nothing more.

Just as she is not allowed on the furniture nor in the kitchen when I am preparing food. She sits in the doorway watching but doesn't cross over onto the tiles. This is how I have treated my dogs for the last fifty years.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:43 AM

Mine stay out of the kitchen too, they don't even sit in the doorway they know they won't get anything unless it's in the living room, so don't bother themselves useless we are in there. It only took Jenny two days to work that out too which was good as I wasn't used to a furry under my feet while I was in the kitchen.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:00 PM

I do admit...I do allow her on the sofa

The reason being...the last dog I had before her had a short and tragic life and he was never allowed on the furniture. So in that way I do tend to spoil her.

Although she's not allowed up there during the day, it's only at night when I'm in there too. Also gives us a chance for a cuddle until she gets too hot
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:05 PM

Ah sofas an beds they are all over, it's just kitchen and bathroom I like them to stay out of.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:06 PM

Julie, mine knows that she wont get anything in the kitchen nor the living room. She stays in her bed the other side of the room when I am eating at the table, I would never give her titbits.

Considering she is a Romanian rescue dog of indeterminate age she learned to obey within the first month of me having her. She is a sweet little thing and the most obedient dog I have ever had. Before, they have always been large boisterous pedigrees.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-02-2018, 12:09 PM

Oh I have beggars, well two beggars Betty just ignores us eating until the other two have guilted us with big brown eyes to give them some.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I do admit...I do allow her on the sofa

The reason being...the last dog I had before her had a short and tragic life and he was never allowed on the furniture. So in that way I do tend to spoil her.

Although she's not allowed up there during the day, it's only at night when I'm in there too. Also gives us a chance for a cuddle until she gets too hot

I agree, I'm the same as you Nicol. If I am in the living room, so are they.

I like their company and a cuddle, and they like mine, so it works for us.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:40 PM

Oh dear, I think I'm a terrible dog mum. Little ChoCho is spoilt rotten by everyone who knows her, she goes wherever she wants in the house, but she doesn't moult so we don't have dog hair all over the place. On the other hand she's a really good little dog, most of the time anyway, she walks beautifully on the lead, never pulls, just walks step by step at whatever pace you are going at. We can take her anywhere and know she won't be any trouble at all.

ChoCho does get a birthday present and Christmas presents, but no, no Valentine cards.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:42 PM

My daughter, Charlotte, decided to spoil her dogs Peaches and Diego on their first birthday

They had a special doggy cake

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-02-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Oh dear, I think I'm a terrible dog mum. Little ChoCho is spoilt rotten by everyone who knows her, she goes wherever she wants in the house, but she doesn't moult so we don't have dog hair all over the place. On the other hand she's a really good little dog, most of the time anyway, she walks beautifully on the lead, never pulls, just walks step by step at whatever pace you are going at. We can take her anywhere and know she won't be any trouble at all.

ChoCho does get a birthday present and Christmas presents, but no, no Valentine cards.
The only reason mind are banned from kitchen is their safety clumsy, if I'm in my chair I can run over them too easily or balanced on crutches it's easy to hurt the little uns. So they all wait until it's safe to interact. Previous dogs prior to me needing AIDS they were all over the place, I even had one opened drawers to make a ladder to get up onto the counter top !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top