Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:48 PM

Re: Florida - 17 dead, high school shooting

Serious topic that has gone off topic...shame.

This link I got of an American forum and the comment by the poster was they get the real news of this publication because most of American news is fake news.

Will make the Lefties spit out their coffee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-weapons.html
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 08:05 PM

*** Off topic posts removed, please stick to issues which are relevant to the topic in serious sections.
Thank you.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Serious topic that has gone off topic...shame.

This link I got of an American forum and the comment by the poster was they get the real news of this publication because most of American news is fake news.

Will make the Lefties spit out their coffee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-weapons.html
Just another case of passing the buck.

They cannot blame one person or organisation....it(the problem)runs far deeper and is far more complicated than this.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
The "drugs issue" is not relevant to the availability of guns in the US. If he had been high as a kite in this country he couldn't have slaughtered 17 people. Knife one or two maybe, but not have access to an arsenal of weapons. So, imo, whether he was drugged or not is not the overwhelming issue.
Drugs could well be a key factor - as usual. The increased usage correlates with the increased number of mass shootings.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Drugs could well be a key factor - as usual. The increased usage correlates with the increased number of mass shootings.
Does it really? Do you have a link to that correlation?
Theo
New Member!
Guatemala, CA
Theo is male 

08-03-2018, 07:45 PM

I support universal background checks despite Nikolas Cruz (the Parkland shooter), having passed his with flying colors. I support a ban on assault weapons and overhauling our mental health system, but do not believe these measures go far enough, just as the $1.5 trillion this country has spent on drug control since 1971 has done nothing to lower the rate of addiction. Because addiction is not a “drug problem”, but the habitual avoidance of reality. It is the manifestation of despair.

We can go as far as confiscating the 270 million guns owned by Americans, but we will not see an end to the slaughter. The despair will still be there.

I took a raw look at the Manifesto left behind by Elliot Rodger, the 22 year-old mass-shooter who killed many at the University of California in Santa Barbara where my daughter was studying at the time, and felt urged to take a deeper dive into the issue. I presented my perspective under the tile "Magic Realm of Shattered Illusions" on my website.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 07:48 PM

And your perspective will do what?
lakshmi
New Member!
Pennsylvania , US
lakshmi is female 

17-03-2018, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bobby Ŕmericano ->
Exactly right! And what the hell was he doing with an assault weapon?

What was he doing without an arrest record?

The Broward County School Board in conjunction with the Broward County Sheriff entered into an agreement not to report violent crimes among students and handle ALL discipline problems ‘in house”.

This was supposedly to prevent the “school to prison pipeline prevalent among minority students, and as a reaction against the
“Zero Tolerance “ policy that was in place.

Being too strict with discipline for minor infractions needed to be changed, but they went too far.

Nicholas Cruz committed violent acts and should have had a record.

If he had a record, the FBI might have taken the reports more seriously. As it was, when they looked at his record, and saw no arrest record, they didn’t act.

By just ignoring student’s violent acts, the Browrd County Schools were invited to Obama’s White House where they were praised and awarded millions of dollars for greatly reducing the
number of students arrests.

Obama implemented a similar program in schools in all 50 states. It was called the Promise Program.

It din’t work.

Teachers were then beaten up by students because they knew they would not get arrested.
lakshmi
New Member!
Pennsylvania , US
lakshmi is female 

17-03-2018, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
From The Statistics Portal.

And in the great majority of those gun owning households, the gun has never been aimed at anyone.
lakshmi
New Member!
Pennsylvania , US
lakshmi is female 

17-03-2018, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It transpires now that staff at the school were warned about this character before he was expelled for threatening behaviour towards other students and that he had been banned from carrying rucksacks into the school.

Time for spot checks at school entrances do you think?

Yes, definitely that, or other measures of making the school secure.

We need to ask ourselves what can be done to make the schools safe tomorrow, not when and if he guns laws are changed.

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top