Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 02:50 PM

Re: Cat repellent

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do you mean what we call pipe insulation?

YES, that is it. They have a slit all the way down and you can put all the cords inside. My kittens didn't go near that thing and it fits along the baseboard fine. After they get older they don't chew cords...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
YES, that is it. They have a slit all the way down and you can put all the cords inside. My kittens didn't go near that thing and it fits along the baseboard fine. After they get older they don't chew cords...
Interesting.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:07 PM

A big black dog!
Seriously, whenever our cat looks like it's getting into mischief, one of the dogs promptly tells him off!

Otherwise there's critter cord, which is available in the UK.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:28 PM

Amazing! So many responses and suggestions and so many options to try. Thanks to you all. I wasn't expecting anything like so much help.

The first thing I'll try is to spray some lavender pillow spray behind the telly and the stand, as Marge already has some.

(Fortunately for the cats, I don't have a size 10 hobnailed boot!)
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 08:17 PM

all kittens rummage -i have 4 cats and they all went by the tv back' with the wires ' its just a adventure while their so young but it goes as they look for other things to make u scream lol..i have worked for rspca for over ten years and all kittens do it -could be worse and run up the curtains ...so try and be patient' being young i wouldn't use gadgets personally .....i lifted my wires and tied them all up to our plasma..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 08:58 PM

Actually, the lavender spray seems to have worked!

The least persistent offender approached the television but decided not to proceed. Then the more persistent one had a go. She was more adventurous and poked her nose in, but then decided that it would be better to come out again. Success!

Yes, I'm sure that when they are allowed to go outside (they've just been spayed and must be kept in for at least five days) the undoubted attractions of the big wide world will quickly override anything the back of the television has to offer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-02-2018, 11:09 PM

No. Wrong, I'm afraid.
The more persistent one has now demonstrated that she is not afraid of the lavender spray!

So I have sent for an ultrasonic repeller!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-02-2018, 11:33 AM

The ultrasonic repeller seems to work... after a fashion.

One kitten set it off and slowly backed away!

The other just ignored it and continued her investigation behind the TV. However, having done that a couple of times, she now seems to have decided that her attempts are not worth the horrible noise and flashing lights, and hasn't been back.

So it seems to have been worth the £20.

This is the one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The ultrasonic repeller seems to work... after a fashion.

One kitten set it off and slowly backed away!

The other just ignored it and continued her investigation behind the TV. However, having done that a couple of times, she now seems to have decided that her attempts are not worth the horrible noise and flashing lights, and hasn't been back.

So it seems to have been worth the £20.

This is the one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the update JBR.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-02-2018, 11:37 AM

Deleted. Posted in error.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top