Join for free
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 11:03 PM

Re: What's going on with the Royals?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Then you haven't read most of the thread, Muddy. There are quite a few like me who are fed up hearing about Lady Di all the time. It's ridiculous.
So turn off the box .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We know Camilla & Charles were an item even after he married Diana, but where's the proof that Diana had a beau?
I just can't take to Camilla at all.
James Hewitt for one.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 11:15 PM

I liked Princess Diana, she did a lot to lighten the formal stuffiness of the Royal Family. She raised her boys with love, to enjoy life and encouraged them to see for themselves how the general public lived outside the royal circles.

The media is to blame for all the publicity, not Diana. Her sons have done her proud in the 20 years she has been gone, they have been very dignified in the way they have coped with their mother's death so what harm does it do to want to remember her in this way? You don't have to watch it or read about it if you aren't interested.

Quite frankly, I was disgusted to read some of the comments about Diana on here, she... and the boys certainly didn't deserve that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I liked Princess Diana, she did a lot to lighten the formal stuffiness of the Royal Family. She raised her boys with love, to enjoy life and encouraged them to see for themselves how the general public lived outside the royal circles.

The media is to blame for all the publicity, not Diana.
Her sons have done her proud in the 20 years she has been gone, they have been very dignified in the way they have coped with their mother's death so what harm does it do to want to remember her in this way? You don't have to watch it or read about it if you aren't interested.

Quite frankly, I was disgusted to read some of the comments about Diana on here, she... and the boys certainly didn't deserve that.

I agree with everything you said in the highlighted bit Mags.
That's pretty much how I feel too.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
But floydy some of us liked her , I think her memory should be kept alive . Her life was interesting to some of us .
Indeed, I was looking forward to the programme. There was something very special about her. She gave a lot of people happiness. It's unusual for someone in the public eye to touch so many just by existing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
You aren't the only kids to lose a parent at a young age so for goodness sake man up, get over it and move on, or at least do your wailing in private..
Well they are the only kids who watched almost the entire country come to a halt to mourn their mother. They were watched on every channel walking behind the coffin through the streets, and the only reason she died is because she was given no privacy by the press. So why shouldn't they choose to share their feelings with the public 20 years later if that's what they want to do? Perhaps it's some form of closure to broadcast their side.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

24-07-2017, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Serious question:
Why is Camilla treated like such an adultress when Diana is regarded as such a saintly person. She played around as much as Camilla did she not. In fact, it's probably only the Queen who hasn't had an affair.
Even Fleetwood Mac look like saints compared to this lot.

Only joking folks!
Well it's charles that's the cad, but men always get off lightly in such matters and women are usually the first to make judgements against other women.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

24-07-2017, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well many of us are interested, sadly I missed it as I fell asleep before it came on. Damned chemo knocking me out at the moment.

I can't help thinking there is an off button if people don't want to see them, they aren't on all stations.
So sorry to hear about your chemo Julie. I've read that a fasting regime before each treatment makes it easier to tolerate the side effects. I hope it gets easier for you.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 01:02 AM

I'm thinking the whole 'Diana thing' is very female orientated. Girl power etc. Are any males on the forum of a similar opinion about Diana?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

The media is to blame for all the publicity, not Diana. Her sons have done her proud in the 20 years she has been gone, they have been very dignified in the way they have coped with their mother's death so what harm does it do to want to remember her in this way? You don't have to watch it or read about it if you aren't interested.

Well said

Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top