Join for free
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 04:42 PM

What makes me tick

I am amused that I appear to be public enemy numero uno in the eyes of some of the posters on this forum, which makes me giggle. The fact that my main detractors seem to be very rude people, if their posts are anything to go by, makes it even funnier. Others are using amateur psychology to ascertain what makes me tick.

Yes I say what I think and make no apology for that. I don't suck up to people or pay compliments I don't mean, as I suspect some posters do.

However, funnily enough people who know me in real life, instead of the unreal virtual cyber-world, seem to rate me. I do my best to help others if I can, not that I need any accolades for that at all, I am just being me.

I am fortunate enough to have wonderful children, I enjoy my hobbies, particularly my artwork, which people seem to like. It gives me a lot of pleasure to create a picture, for free, just to make someone happy.

I dislike music, always have done, I have no idea why as my late father had a good singing voice, as do my siblings and our daughters. Our eldest grandson (15) has got to grade 5 in music, mostly self taught which he prefers. It doesn't worry me that music does nothing for me.

I have never tried to fit in or belong to the crowd, I have always stood apart from it, as that is how I am.

Anyway that is me, far from perfection, but as long as I am good enough, that is all that counts.

If it floats the boat of some posters to slag me off, or try to psychoanalyse me, go ahead, then my living will not be in vain!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 04:47 PM

Re: What makes me tick

So why do you deliberately go out of your way to be antagonistic and be rude to others, tarantula. I'm sorry, but you bring this upon yourself.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 04:50 PM

Hi

It takes all sorts.

As W C Fields said.

Anyone who hates children and animals can't be all bad.

You are you tarantula, a very unique view at times, but obviously intelligent.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
So why do you deliberately go out of your way to be antagonistic and be rude to others, tarantula. I'm sorry, but you bring this upon yourself.
Untrue, whom have I been rude to?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 04:54 PM

I think Tara's bark is worse than her bite and she does have a sense of humour
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2017, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It takes all sorts.

As W C Fields said.

Anyone who hates children and animals can't be all bad.

You are you tarantula, a very unique view at times, but obviously intelligent.
I like children, and don't dislike animals, I just don't believe in treating them other than the species they are.

I don't think I am intelligent, I don't have degrees like my husband and children.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2017, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think Tara's bark is worse than her bite and she does have a sense of humour
I do have a sense of humour, but don't enjoy smutty jokes, I don't find them at all amusing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 04:57 PM

I am amused that I appear to be public enemy numero uno in the eyes of some of the posters on this forum,
Why on earth would you think that Tara that is a position reserved for the Moderators on here

I find you very blunt on some issues but that is no bad thing, I know where I am with you
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 04:57 PM

At over Fifty, we predate the invention of the electrical LED Watch, so, the occasional Wind Up is essential, if we are to keep on Ticking.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 05:06 PM

I like Folks who are different and march to Their Own drumbeat..Can't stand those who agree with Everyone else about everything..it's boring..I also find it daft to put Someone on ignore just because You find Their posts 'rude'....so Tara..tell it like it is ..sock it to Em Gal cos You make Me laugh (most of the time)

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top