Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:02 PM

Re: Carillion goes to the wall !!!

I won't mention the companies involved or the site...

I was working on a huge Government project many years ago.
6 companies (that I know of..) went bust on that project due to the Gov not paying invoices on time.

Fortunately, our boss was smart. Our company insisted on stage payments. Every time a stage payment was literally one day late, he pulled us all from site and we done other things. We returned when the payment was made and cleared in the company account. This was regular on the site, as EVERY stage payment was late.

ALL our Governments are quite frankly incompetent, be they Labour or Tory.
I'm sick to death of ALL parties, politicians, Mp's and anything else Government run.
Trouble is, who are you left to vote for?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 03:43 PM

Something very dodgy about this.

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2018/...power-station/

In July last year, the man responsible for the debacle – incompetent former Group Chief Executive of Carillion Richard Howson – stood down and seemingly disappeared on the same day the company’s disastrous finances were revealed.

But only after paying himself £1.5 million in pay and tens of thousands in bonuses and perks and leaving the firm with a massive £800 million pension deficit and debts of £1.4 billion of course.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 04:18 PM

It feels like something very dirty has been going on, I think it encompasses the government too ! Time will tell of course.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It feels like something very dirty has been going on, I think it encompasses the government too ! Time will tell of course.

Definitely dirty. Has similarities with Philip Green and the BHS scandal.

BTW: Diane Abbott was questioned about Carillion. She asked "How big a number is that?"
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 03:59 PM

What has happened at Carillon is an absolute disgrace. My heart goes out to every single employee and supplier of this disaster. We know those at the top and their accountants should be held to account, but what's the betting that just as Fred the Shred did, will be allowed to quietly fade away after causing such mayhem and disaster to so many!

I can see it happening again before long. Carillion were the 2nd largest housebuilder in the UK. One only has to see what is happening in the soft, comfortable leather seats in the boardroom of our number 1 largest housebuilder in the UK - namely PERSIMMON - One only has to recall in 2016, they awarded £600 million in bonuses to its 150 bosses - and we taxpayers helped pay for it in part with the "Help to Buy Scheme!.
Even by the disgraceful standards of City excess, those handouts being slung across the boardroom are enough to churn one's stomach. Especially with Britain facing a housing crisis and their failure to solve it.

This grotesque payment would build at least 1,500 of its luxury family homes. Instead many families are squeezed into properties that are too small, or stuck in rented accommodation because so few new homes are being built.

Deja Vu.??
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Of course it won't, the scumbag 'nasty party' will see to that as these directors are their friends or relatives.
No problem, this lass will sort it out,

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	E272DC2C-29E5-4098-82E5-9928C018860D.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	4932  

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top