Join for free
Page 124 of 190 « First < 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 10:11 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Oh, those little showers can really clean up the surf and make the waves glassy - my favorite kind of surf. I might just have to put Scarborough on the surfing "to do" list.

I do some paddle boarding too when the surf is small and glassy, and highly recommend it for any age. If any of you ever get the opportunity to take a lesson and give it a go - please do! It's very fun. The best way is to start on your knees for a while and then try stand up. It's much more stable than surfing and the paddle is easy to maneuver.

I hope the trip back is even more enjoyable than the trip there, OGF. Thanks for the tour!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 10:41 PM

Coming to Barbados and the Caribbean in March on a cruise Surfermom, I'd love to give Paddle Boarding a go.......Start off in warmer waters yes?....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 04:04 AM

The Caribbean is an excellent place to learn, Bob. When I was in Barbados in February, the conditions were perfect - warm and calm. If you are booking an excursion early, try to go early in the day before the winds pick up.

When you get closer to travel, we can talk about a few tips that will help you get the knack of it in no time. There are some good videos on youtube that will get you started and are worth watching.

I'm thrilled you are giving paddleboarding a go! Once you get that down, we will get you on a surfboard yet!

Yay!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:43 PM

Give me a board and a paddle and I'll be off like a duck on speed...

Especially if I want to catch these little beauties......

Which one is you Surfermom?.....

I was hoping for a restful day today after my early morning run, I forgot I had to take down the Christmas decorations today......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

06-01-2018, 05:28 PM

I think that I am all three...yes, that's right...the sum of all of their ages
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Nah you are a surferbabe.

Hello Foxy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-01-2018, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Aren't we all Surfermom.........It's how we feel inside.....

Hello Sweetie Pie.........I've got Crumpets for supper.........You hungry?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Aren't we all Surfermom.........It's how we feel inside.....

Hello Sweetie Pie.........I've got Crumpets for supper.........You hungry?
Cheeky. A party at the Candy Bar now!!!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-02-2018, 11:26 PM

I daren't show my face in the exercise thread because for the last four days I've done bugger all, although I must say that with each passing day my Piriformis is a little less troublesome, but nowhere near good enough to go for a blast.... In the past I've gone out too early, only to set it back for another week. An old running friend (a Physical Training Teacher at the local School, with a Marathon best of 2 hours 35 mins) who knows a thing or two about running likened my recovery procedure to checking on a the health of a plant by pulling it up out of the ground to examine the roots.....He would be proud with my caution now.

I haven't been altogether idle though because yesterday Mrs Fox and me were hurtling down the motorway with rain splashing on to the windscreen listening to the 'Sounds of 1967' on the radio. The likes of Georgie Fame, The Four Tops and my Mums favourite...Jim Reeves. I was now't but a lad starting my apprenticeship at a back street engineering company when I first heard those songs. We were on our way to a twenty first birthday party, but first lunch...Chicken Teriyaki enhanced by the addition of a couple of spring rolls, and then checking in to a 'Days' motorway hotel.....

A proper surprise it was when the charming Charlotte flanked by her Mum, walked into a room full of people, some of whom she hadn't seen since she was at school....Gobsmacked would best describe her reaction. Anyway, following all the hugging and kissing, and more chicken...Uhg, wish I'd known, the disco struck up and fuelled by half a dozen bottles of coca cola I danced (loosely based) until chucking out time around midnight..I'm not used to such late nights, and the drive back to the hotel.. To think I used to be a courier and drive all night sometimes.

I almost feel guilty to admit that I was glad to be missing my long Sunday run, so turned over and pulled the duvet over my head and went back to sleep.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

12-02-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
An old running friend (a Physical Training Teacher at the local School, with a Marathon best of 2 hours 35 mins) who knows a thing or two about running likened my recovery procedure to checking on a the health of a plant by pulling it up out of the ground to examine the roots.....He would be proud with my caution now.
Dear Lazy Bones, glad you are back amongst us! I am sooo stealing the this, as my daughter would say. What a brilliant metaphor! Right now your best form of fitness is to do exactly as you are doing - not running.

Just know that SOME of us were out wearing out the treads or our shoes while you lazed around in bed
which I hope made you feel even more happily hedonistic. Humpf.

It sounds like it was a festive celebration, though I am surprised you weren't up all night with all that Coke you drank!
Haha, actually, as I was saying to swimfeeders (in the exercise thread that you have now abandoned ), a great benefit to staying fit is, to some degree, being able to keep up with the kids, even the twenty-one-year-old ones!

Now, if you are hungry, may I offer you some chicken?

Page 124 of 190 « First < 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top