Join for free
Page 441 of 1676 « First < 341 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 491 541 941 1441 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 03:26 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My good friend Father O’Malley had a look in here earlier, he said he hopes to see all the boasting naughty cock-a-doodles in confession next Saturday evening, he assures me that severe penances are on the cards.
has he got a big one too??

A had a good friend called FatherO’Malley
Who gave out penances just like the Old Bailey
Once he had you in that big wooden box
He insisted on seeing the size of ya sins!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 08:17 PM

OMG!!!!!!
It's the locker room thread.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 09:42 PM

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:26 AM

A bloke goes for the job of cook on a ship. The geezer who is interviewing asks, "Can you fry eggs?"

"Can I fry eggs! I've worked in some of the top hotels in England," replies the bloke. "Give me half a dozen."

So he's given six eggs which he starts to juggle with. After a minute of brilliant juggling, he throws the eggs one by one over his shoulder towards the frying pan, which is behind him. Each egg hits the side of the pan, cracks open and the shell falls into the bin below and the eggs slide unbroken into the frying pan.

"That's amazing," says the interviewer, "but it must have been a fluke."

"A fluke! Give me a dozen," says the bloke. He then proceeds to do even more elaborate juggling and repeat the finale, so there's now 18 unbroken eggs sizzling in the pan.

"Well, then, do I get the job?"

"No, you piss about too much!"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:34 AM

That's an amazing fact about the Rats Sweetie, my God it's frightening when you think about it.

Good one Gummy, nobody wants a showoff.

I’m starting to grow my own tobacco, the seeds arrived today and I’ll be planting them as soon as the last frost has gone, indoors at first in a nice warm lit place, then when they are strong enough they go outdoors to the part of the garden that gets the sun for most of the day.
This is all completely new to me, and I know there are those who will scoff and say “Lord forgive the idiot for he knows not what he does” Let them laugh, as Bob Monkhouse once said “When I told them I wanted to be a comedian they all laughed, well they are not laughing now”
It is all perfectly legal by the way, as long as it’s for my own personal use, so Players and Wills shouldn’t be too worried.
I won’t be disappointed if it doesn’t work out, as the Spitty fella says “It is better to have tried and lost than to never have tried at all” or words to that effect.
Just think of it Gummy, free cigars, cigarettes, and free pipe tobacco, plenty of snuff too if your into that.
I must look up “How to make your own Port” then I’d really be on the pigs back.

Strangely enough, “How to Murder your Wife” was on TV yesterday, I thought Terry Thomas was brilliant in the role of gentleman’s gentleman, he stole the film from Jack Lemmon in my humble opinion.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-01-2018, 02:46 AM

what never fails to amaze me on this thread is the rapid turnover of subject matter within the space of a blink of a page! Imagine if we were sitting in a hall at a weekly Leisurely Scribbles club - don't you think that it would become rather boring if every time you introduced a new topic especially with a roll of pics it was often ignored and surpassed by a total change of topic?

just saying like!!!!

now IMO weird facts don't count - I always find this a silly game [sorry sweetie - nothing personal ; you know I can't wait to get you into my cabin on the cruise and let you play with my beard! {I haven't missed it have I?}

Now I thought the topic Jem started on how to grow my own tobacco was quite interesting ; depending upon how many smokers we have on board ; I did consider it myself once but couldn't wait long enough for it to grow - growing my own beer only takes a few weeks! - you were doing quite well there Jem until you suddenly switched the topic to watching a film on how to murder your wife or something like that - can you please stick to the point.

and another thing when you start a new topic can you make sure you are not just talking to yourself - do a head count to see how many people are here with you - there names appear at the bottom of the page somewhere!

thank you - I've put it in the suggestion box as you suggested in your "suggestions to the leader" column!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
heh Pugsie ever heard of this one - power law
-r
P (k) ~ k

I'll give you a clue - scale free small networks with lots of nodes but few hubs??
nb: the -r should be beyond the second k but the website won't do it!!
Yes,gumbud-it refers to a nonlinear p (k)-Laplacian difference equation using variational methods,which is one method of asserting the existence of ''non-trivial'' solutions to an anisotropic discrete non-linear problem,involving p(k)-Laplacian operators with Dirichlet boundary conditions. The main technical tools applied in the equation you posted [even though out of sequence] are the two local minimum theorems for differential functionals. In that equation,P [k] is the arbitrary integer,but it's NOT in inductive form. Why do you ask,bro?
Are you taking a sudden interest in derivations of the Goldman Equation?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 08:04 AM

You know, when someone dedicates a portion of their life, to planting rows of hedges, in parallel, with walkways between, deliberately designed to confuse the casual walker, that never fails to amaze me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 08:07 AM

Gummy, the beauty of this thread is, you don't have to read back the posts, to find out what is going on.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-01-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Yes,gumbud-it refers to a nonlinear p (k)-Laplacian difference equation using variational methods,which is one method of asserting the existence of ''non-trivial'' solutions to an anisotropic discrete non-linear problem,involving p(k)-Laplacian operators with Dirichlet boundary conditions. The main technical tools applied in the equation you posted [even though out of sequence] are the two local minimum theorems for differential functionals. In that equation,P [k] is the arbitrary integer,but it's NOT in inductive form. Why do you ask,bro?
Are you taking a sudden interest in derivations of the Goldman Equation?
no some burke was trying to explain why Jews are so important in the world suggesting they are either nodes or hubs in society and proffered this equation as part of the explanation - I thought they were off their tiny little brain actually!

Page 441 of 1676 « First < 341 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 491 541 941 1441 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top