Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 05:47 PM

Re: At this age, I think exercise might kill me if I start.

Well done Tachy with your weight loss, quite an achievement

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I like walking as well, and I frequently walk to work and back if the weather is fine. It's only a 30 minute walk each way though, so it probably doesn't really have much health benefits as such.
I think just the 1 hour tomorrow though.
It cetainly does, just 20 minutes a day at a good pace to increase your heart rate is what is recommended for everyone, anything else is a bonus .
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well done Tachy with your weight loss, quite an achievement
That's very kind of you.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It certainly does, just 20 minutes a day at a good pace to increase your rate is what is recommended for everyone, anything else is a bonus.
Oh, great! I thought it had to be a lot longer walk than that for some reason. That's good to know.
Senex
California, USA
Senex is male  Senex has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by HopeFloats ->
So, I am soon to be 57, really not a fan of exercising. I lost 40 lbs due to having been diagnosed diabetic and that started my motivation to lose another 20. Since my weight has stabilized I need to step it up to make it the next 20 and have decided to go to a class (starts tomorrow). I am so self conscious, will I be the fattest one there? The oldest? Will I be able to keep up or get laughed at if I don't? Unreasonable fears I know but fears never the less. I have stayed away from gyms from fear of skinny chicks in perfect form and outfits. Will I die if I work out after decades of neglect?
Try to find a local Tai Chi Chuan or Bagua Zhang class. Both are very low-key and low impact.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top