Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 09:45 AM

After months of soul searching I'm closing my business.

The past 12 months have been very difficult....trying to juggle work, running my business and the continuing deterioration in my mum's health and care needs.

To top it all off I've had to contend with two companies going bust, owing me in excess of £70k......a debt that has caused me many a sleepless night.

So I've decided.....with a very heavy heart to close my business.

So I'll be selling the business assets and shutting the doors. ..for the very last time....in 6 weeks...after fulfilling my commitment s to customers and suppliers.

Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life.......telling the lads to look for work elsewhere......some have been with me....through thick and thin...for 15+ years.

I wont be giving up the building trade completely. ..I'll still be on the tools but as a sole trader....less hassle.....less stress and less outlay.

A new chapter in my life will begin.......onwards and upwards...as they say.

I've had terrific support from friends on and off the forum (you know who you are)which has eased the transition. ....so a big thank you to those.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:08 AM

Re: After months of soul searching I'm closing my business.

Good luck in the future. Hope it all works out ok for you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:10 AM

All the Best Tpin
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:11 AM

Very sorry to hear that tpin but I wish you well in the future and admire you greatly for putting your mum first, need more people like you in the world !
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:12 AM

That's a big decision and very painful for you . I can feel the emotion in your words Tpin. I wish you all the best and hope you can relax more . All seems stressful and no longer worth it . Good luck to you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:14 AM

That is sad Tpin

Be positive , there is always a place for skilled workers and I am sure the jobs will be there if you want them without all the baggage that goes with being the boss .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:15 AM

I feel your pain having had similar problems myself in business, and the hardest thing of all I know is feeling that you are letting down your workforce by ceasing to trade. But take comfort from the fact that there are no shortage of jobs out there for them at the moment as the construction industry, and the housing sector in particular, is in rude health.

The best of luck to you for your future.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:16 AM

Being a one man band has its advantages.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:19 AM

Very best wishes to you for the future, I hope everything works out well for you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:20 AM

Sorry to hear that Tpin. Best of luck for the future.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top