Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 08:39 PM

Re: Where would YOU go?

it depends what the respite was from and how fit one feels.

"My idea was taking a short trip to see the Norwegian fjords but the travel agent I spoke to said that the days are short by then and you'd be in the dark a lot!"

depends on time of year we are going there in June "land of the midnight sun"

So I would not use that travel agent you might land up in " La La land"
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
If you had 6 days respite at the end of October where would you choose to go.

You'll be travelling there and back on the Sunday (28th) and Friday (3rd), so you'll have 4 whole days to play with.

My idea was taking a short trip to see the Norwegian fjords but the travel agent I spoke to said that the days are short by then and you'd be in the dark a lot!
Authentic Scandinavia http://authentic-scandinavia.com/fjords do two 4 day trips all year, wonder if it's worth contacting them.
The travel agent had never heard of them!

Then I saw the lovely photos on here of Llandudno and Llangollen but would it be too late in the year to go there?

Lordruthio has suggested Gibraltar... but isn't that just roaming about looking at how those with more money than brains live?

So where would you choose?
Any ideas??
There must be 2 Gibraltars....I've never witnessed that.

Though, if you want to see opulence....fight your way through the tip known as La Linear and head for Marbella, Puerto Banus and Cabo Pino.

How about Tenerife or one of the other islands?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 09:32 PM

That's the perfect time of year for a walking holiday in beautiful Menorca..... https://www.macsadventure.com/holida...ami-de-cavalls
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 09:39 PM

Playa Blanca Lanzarote..where I am at this very moment.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Lordruthio has suggested Gibraltar... but isn't that just roaming about looking at how those with more money than brains live?

So where would you choose?
Any ideas??
That's because the apes have pinched all their brains Ruthio

I can't think of anywhere I'd go But, enjoy wherever it is you do go
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 02:36 PM

I would definitely choose Gibraltar. But stay in La Linea as cheaper to stay there. You only have to cross the road and you are in Gibraltar.
I was there in June and definitely going back soon. I just hate the cold damp weather, and at least you can get some sunshine in Gib.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 03:33 PM

Possibly the Channel Islands - always wanted to see them
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 03:45 AM

The Channel Islands are lovely, we've had many holidays there, I love Guernsey best.
Some great replies, thankyou, lots to think about...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 04:24 AM

Hi

Just booked Ryanair to Wroclaw, first week in November.

£14.99 each way.

Two nights B and B in Wroclaw is £28, transfers to Psary are £40 there and back and then staying with friends.

I will spoil their Littlies and after much argument, I was a guest, I will be will contributing £10 towards the Party.

Some photos of Wroclaw.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wr...w=1422&bih=707
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 07:18 AM

I think I would go to Cornwall maybe a little cottage by the sea close to a village with a nice friendly pub that does good food

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top