Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 09:20 AM

Re: Monarch go Bust.

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Shame you had such a bad experience CeeCee

I've often flown with monarch, particularly to Turkey, and have nothing but praise for them.

For a low cost airline they treated you as customers, not just cattle

I don't understand why when they had nearly a million advanced bookings they still folded ???

They lost their profitable Middle East routes because of terrorism and other airlines also moved into the more lucrative short haul routes, thus forcing prices down. Monarch couldn't compete and couldn't reduce costs.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
[/B]

They lost their profitable Middle East routes because of terrorism and other airlines also moved into the more lucrative short haul routes, thus forcing prices down. Monarch couldn't compete and couldn't reduce costs.
Yes, the terrorism in Turkey and Tunisia.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 07:20 PM

I am fed up about that, as I have a free flight voucher!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top