Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 07:04 PM

New car..finally

After a wait of almost 3 months picked up our new car today, however, a few hurdles had to be overcome first,
Last Saturday..went to dealers to finalise paperwork, they did the private plate transfer for us we arranged to have our cameras( dash cams) removed from our old car and to be installed in the new one, the guy said it would be easier if both cars were side by side, so we arranged for my wife to take the car in on Friday and he would remove and refit cameras to new car,
Monday..dealer rang and said there was a problem, instead of a reverse camera and parking sensors ( as we ordered) only the camera was fitted, he would fit sensors for us but had to wait and see if ford have a solution as to how to fit a proximity sensor..???, to make it work with the camera ( are you still with me ??),
Friday, wife took car in for dash camera guy to do his thing, in the morning as dealer had to pdi it in the afternoon, frantic phone call from son, garage phoned no camera guy ( this is at 12-20) so I tried to get hold of him ..no answer, rang garage and told them to go ahead with the pre delivery inspection, camera guy finally called back,, turns out he had forgotten, even though he had put it in his diary, no probs he said he will go over to garage, remove cameras and fit them at our home address on monday..sorted
Today,, wife booked a taxi on Tuesday to take us to pick up our new car
Guess what...taxi was a no show,, wife phones taxi company who say they have no record of a booking or phone call, but then they said the call lasted for a minute? anyway , a car turned up 20 minutes later and we eventually arrived at the garage to collect our car, the salesman gave us a free extended warranty ( worth £350) as a goodwill gesture over the parking sensors...who said buying a car was easy
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 07:25 PM

Re: New car..finally

Well I hope you enjoy it now you have it and all the bad luck happened prior to it getting onto your drive !
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 07:29 PM

Thanks Julie, yes I hope that's an end to it, the car is lovely BTW, went for a long drive , which gave me a chance to play with all the toys.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Thanks Julie, yes I hope that's an end to it, the car is lovely BTW, went for a long drive , which gave me a chance to play with all the toys.
BTW? or BMW?
Primus1
York

08-10-2017, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
BTW? or BMW?
BTW. Its a ford
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 10:19 AM

Health to enjoy Primus

Our last new Ford also came with problems

We ordered a three door and got five

They had the cheek to say they wouldn’t charge us for the extra doors

Accepted it , got in and the mats were for left hand drive cars. Drove it out, and found there were no window buttons

My first new car was for Christmas a few years ago. I’d only passed my test a year previously so I was super excited. Unfortunately the dealerships all close here for the holiday period so I couldn’t get the car untill the first working day in January. It froze solid here that year. Went to get the car and had to wait two hours because the washers had frozen and my car was still being hand cleaned. In their rush to get it prepared they didn’t notice the front window was cracked They also only put in enough petrol to get it off thendorcou

Rather took the edge of the excitement
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 01:21 PM

So am I getting this right new cars are only made to order,what of all those parked up at Avonmouth,obviously Imports are they not ready?
Primus1
York

08-10-2017, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
So am I getting this right new cars are only made to order,what of all those parked up at Avonmouth,obviously Imports are they not ready?
It just depends what options you choose, we added paint colour, rear electric windows and camera with reverse sensors, if you wanted a .model with no extras then its possible a garage can get one from stock, or order a new one that will come sooner

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top