Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 05:48 PM

Re: Dash cams.

Thats what i found and contacted nextbase and they suggested downloading a codec from another site which doesn't work. This problem has been reported to nextbase for the past 18 months at least, and they still havn't bothered to get it sorted
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 06:17 PM

This entire discussion seems ridiculous TBH.

Here's the thing.

There exist and have always existed STANDARD video formats, be they MOV files, VID files, MPEG files and so on.

So the situation is very simple.

Either those NextBase cameras ARE producing proper standard video files in one of those accepted formats . . . . or they are not.

So which is it?

If they are producing video clips in standard formats then you should absolutely be able to play those clips on any computer regardless of whether it is Win 7,8 or 10, the caveat there being that the O/S DOES support that standard video format.

If you have video clips from the dashcam in say MOV format and they don't play properly, but then other MOV files produced elsewhere (maybe downloaded of the internet) DO work, then it's pretty clear that the dashcam is crap and is not recording to standard.

MOV files either work on your PC or they do not
MPEG files either work on your PC or they do not.
same for all video formats

My Mobius Dashcam uses a standard video format and the content I get from it runs perfectly on ANY video play software. My preference at the moment is to use the freely downloadable VLC Player to view any footage.

I have no idea why someone would want to use any "proprietary" software to view video files.

Just download VLC Player or similar defacto globally used video play software and use that to view footage.

A dashcam exists solely to capture footage

Once you move footage from the camera to the PC the dashcam should take no further part, nor should any of its software imo.

TBH having read 100s of bad reviews of NextBase dashcams I would never buy one.

I count myself fortunate to have done the proper research and to have bought the brilliant miniature Mobius Action cameras at roughly £55 each. One for front, one for back. Absolutely priceless things.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 06:31 PM

Realist
this happens if you play the recordings though the nextbase dashcam onto the computer

Or downloading direct onto the dashcam playback 3 from the dashcam unit itself

Not after downloading onto the computer and playing them from there. My dashcam videos are ok straight off the computer.

I don't think you understand with all due respect ,as you don't own one
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Realist
this happens if you play the recordings though the nextbase dashcam onto the computer

Or downloading direct onto the dashcam playback 3 from the dashcam unit itself

Not after downloading onto the computer and playing them from there. My dashcam videos are ok straight off the computer.

I don't think you understand with all due respect ,as you don't own one
Exactly ..... any video player, e.g. VLC, MPC, will play the video element of the MOV file but only specific software, i.e. Replay 3 for the 312GW, will display the other elements that have been recorded, as in the example attached.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Replay.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	4861  
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:47 AM

I just bought a CAR CAM for £4.99.
Yes that’s correct £4.99.
I saw on Amazon an ‘Apeman 1080 FHD’ reduced from £109.99 to £29.99. (Old model) there are a few going at that price direct from manufacturers.
So I read the reviews, watched the videos, and thought I can get that cheaper. So I ordered one.
How I got it for £4.99?
I had a voucher for £25 that I used. Free post by the way. Expect it to arrive from the local drop box on Tuesday.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 11:44 AM

Now that's what I call a bargain!

I've never heard of that brand but Amazon buyers give the camera good reviews and 4.5 stars so it must be good .....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 04:29 PM

Sounds like a good bargain!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 04:54 PM

Yes, sounds like a good bargain. Although I'm happy with the one I've got, I could be interested.

How is it at reading number plates?
How is it at night?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, sounds like a good bargain. Although I'm happy with the one I've got, I could be interested.

How is it at reading number plates?
How is it at night?
From the videos on YouTube, it looks good. Of course as I said I read the reviews and videos before I ticked the box to buy.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-02-2018, 06:55 PM

does it have sound. After all one does not just want to see your car crumple in a crash but hear the noise as well

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top