Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 11:57 PM

Re: "Divorce Bill"

I'm surprised Hillary didn't
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's no good being polite with them Fogey....You have to tell it like it is...
Believe me when I say that is sugar coating how I feel about them OGF.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 12:44 AM

The BrExit "deal" is appalling but nothing less than expected.

I have warned all along that BrExit will not happen and every step we see confirms it.

The notions that "Teresa May is too weak to negotiate" are incorrect and if you think along these lines then you have been duped by the media and overall sideshow that is unfolding.

All our politicians are EU stooges. Put there, planted there long ago. It doesn't matter if you vote Tory or Looney Labour, because you are voting for the EU either way.
That has been the situation since the days of Ted Heath.

They spent 40 years moving the UK into the EU by stealth, fraud and skulduggery. We would be idiots to think they will allow a referendum to waste all those years of effort.

A colossal FUDGE is unveiling before our eyes which was utterly inevitable. We have long since been sold down the river to the EU, and long since infiltrated by Common Purpose stooges in every facet of society. They have worked from within to usurp the country and control it.

There is no democracy in the UK

We will never leave the EU

We will remain in some fudged position, still paying in, still influenced by their rules and authorities.

This is NOT what people voted for. We voted out . . . and out means out, completely, utterly, definitively.

The EU stooge political system in its entirety has had its bluff called. And now we see the utter sham that it is.

The people have basically said, ok, if this is a real democracy, take us out of the EU. The result is there for all to see. We will not really be leaving. They continue to kick the can down the road, and will do so for years to come until they deem the time is ripe for another referendum or another related vote.

I hope people now start to wake up.

What's to be done about it all I do not know but I can only see a bloody revolution of the people against the state being something that will restore the balance.

Democracy is dead.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 05:21 AM

Sadly, I can't disagree with your analysis.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 07:11 AM

Hi

My interpretation of things is that all we have done so far is to sort out a few basic things about leaving.

It does not guarantee us a Transition Period, but we will probably get one.

We have set a leaving date, so we go then unless the EU says yes to a Transition Period, they hold the cards on that one.

Any Trade Deal will be what the EU wants, not necessarily what we want.

It would suit the EU to have an agreement on goods, they export far more to us than we do to them.

We should also get some sort of a deal on agricultural products, not necessarily exactly the same as we do now, Ireland, Denmark, Netherlands and Spain have a lot to lose, the French, as usual, will be out to protect their own farmers.

The issue is Services, by far our biggest export to the EU and one which they jealously guard in any Trade Agreement they have.

I simply cannot envisage them doing such a massive U Turn in such an important area.

Three Countries, Germany, France and Ireland are already holding talks and offering incentives for UK based financial institutions to move abroad to them, between them they have enough clout to veto any deal on Services.

They have done their sums, it means an additional £20 Billion in Tax between them.

Interesting times.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 09:16 AM

This deal is not only about money. We are asking for a transition deal, which they will be only too pleased to give us. First of all because it keeps us under their control. They are able to change what is in it without us being involved in the decision making.

Going into the small print, until Ireland finally agree about the border they
will not sign a final agreement, which in theory could keep us in for years.

With the way payments have been worked out so far, we will not make money ourselves until around 2029.

Regarding the Divorce Bill, as I understand it, we are the ones calling it that. The EU explain it away by saying it is payment for projects that we had already signed up to, like the Junkman's wine cellar.

I wonder if in the trade talks they will even let us talk deals with other Countries before we finally leave their control.

What price now Mrs May's OUT MEANS OUT. Oh for a Margaret Thatcher!!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 10:41 AM

Loads of these Ministers and some people in high places still think of the U K as being great. It is not, just as the U SA was never great , just big . The U K has un trained work people, poorly paid,poorly equipped, but these ministers etc , think it is all good , after all they have been to Eaton , University, so they must be right . They have really no idea of the real country. They were highly educated so just like Boris they must be right. Now some of them in all their educated wisdom !!!might want Brexit, but they want it their way and think that the rest of the E U will bow down to their demands, not so any longer. The E U is far stronger than this little country the U K. They will drag it out as long as they can because as someone else said , they dont want all and sundry to start leaving. they will let go when they feel the time is right .
I just wish that ALL the government Ministers and M Ps could see this , but they have all got this tunnel vision
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 01:06 PM

The UK's Brexit negotiator David Davis has described the deal struck by Theresa May to move to the next phase of talks as a "statement of intent".

He said it was not "legally enforceable" and if the UK failed to get a trade deal with the EU then it would not pay its divorce bill.

The Brexit secretary also stressed that the odds of the UK exiting without a deal had "dropped dramatically" following Friday's joint EU-UK statement in Brussels.
And he spelled out the kind of trade deal he wanted with the EU, describing it as "Canada plus plus plus".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42298971

I think you have to look at the long game not small moves when discussing leaving the EU .
I would consider agreeing to sell my grandmother and many things in order to get out , once out we can make adjustments to suit ourselves.

I think May is doing the best she can with the hand she was dealt and I can't think of any other politician in a position to do better.

May has to do a deal that will get through parliament on a vote one which will not stir up the Tory remainders too much and one that can entice ardent Labour leavers to support her , not an easy task. Before we start quibbling too much lets get out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 01:20 PM

I think the mess up that occurred in Brussels last Monday may have done us a favour in that it might have concentrated a few minds in the EU to realise we are not afraid to face a 'no deal' if we have to.

It was interesting listening to 'Any Answers' on the radio yesterday. One man who travels Europe extensively said that if there is 'no deal' many EU countries will be in a real mess, they will we left with huge quantities of produce that they currently export here that they won't be able to off load elswhere and some could face ruin.
Once a few of the EU counties start to think about this some attitudes may change.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think the mess up that occurred in Brussels last Monday may have done us a favour in that it might have concentrated a few minds in the EU to realise we are not afraid to face a 'no deal' if we have to.

It was interesting listening to 'Any Answers' on the radio yesterday. One man who travels Europe extensively said that if there is 'no deal' many EU countries will be in a real mess, they will we left with huge quantities of produce that they currently export here that they won't be able to off load elswhere and some could face ruin.
Once a few of the EU counties start to think about this some attitudes may change.
Hi

I cannot see an issue with goods as that is to the EU's advantage, as well as ours.

The issue will be services, which are our biggest export.

I wish our negotiators well.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top