Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 11:57 AM

Re: Trade Deal

The more I hear, the more I am coming to accept that we can never leave the EU without serious consequences.

What have we done? Or, more correctly, what have our politicians done, and I refer specifically to those who got us into this spider's web years ago?

At our time of life, I suppose it wouldn't make a great deal of difference whether we leave or stay.

I'm glad that I am not a generation or two younger, though.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The more I hear, the more I am coming to accept that we can never leave the EU without serious consequences.

What have we done? Or, more correctly, what have our politicians done, and I refer specifically to those who got us into this spider's web years ago?

At our time of life, I suppose it wouldn't make a great deal of difference whether we leave or stay.

I'm glad that I am not a generation or two younger, though.
The penny has finally dropped!
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 04:46 PM

People of our age should not have been allowed to vote

We're all retired and should have no say in a twenty year olds future

Those who voted to leave have really cocked it up for the younger generation
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->

Some of could see what would happen though, we don't all wear Union Jack spectacles and yearn for the days of Empire when the proles knew their place.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 07:24 PM

Ahem. Weren't we the younger generation when we were taken into this monstrous edifice without so much as a by your leave? No vote to go in, just a fudged vote to stay in.

We survived it so why can't this younger generation? You know why of course, they are a generation who have never had to do without and they expect everything to be handed to them on a plate. Our fault of course, in our attempts to make sure they weren't denied anything that were denied to us they've become spoiled.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 07:33 PM

A fairly common misconception. We older people have more common sense and experience than young people.

In addition, as I have said before, I personally am not thinking about myself but for the good of the country. In fact, if Compo should ever become PM, I should likely be better off in the short term.

Of course, I'm forgetting: you live in Spain, don't you. I'm sure you'd prefer the UK to stay in the EU and continue to contribute lots of lovely money to help support your country!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 12:52 PM

I'm just worried that TM will give away Scotland's Fishing Rights in her darn bargaining..

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top