Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:21 PM

Re: Photo tips and tricks.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Yes that is something that is something i have in mind for this thread.

It .is indeed OGF, taken from Seaburn.

Bassa please you are welcolme here as is anyone. I appreciate all contributions, i think folks wanted to know how you made my photo into black and white.

So a brief explanation of the process would be great with a before/after photo would ,fit ,right in with the threads purpose.

That's how I understood the question too, Nom.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
lovemyboys

I have to avoid anything that may upset in the slightest. Often I express my opinions which others don't agree with. Supposed that is the problem of speaking ones mind come what may.
Barry, you got upset because Mups stated that she didn't like Black and White photography. She quite rightly expressed her opinion and you didn't like it. It wasn't against your photo, it was against mono shots.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's how I understood the question too, Nom.
It was just a question as to ascertain the way that Barry converted Noms photo. I can't see the problem.
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 07:15 PM

Ok - after seeing Realspeed's iffy coloured video thread here are some tips regarding correct white balance for photo & video. It applies to both - but is harder to get right with video.

You basically have two options.

1. Leave the white balance on auto - and if the camera gets it wrong, correct it later. This is only really viable if you shoot stills in RAW mode and have decent software to do the correction. There is no real RAW mode with video - most cameras will use the JPG picture control settings for video, so it's a good idea to shoot with a flat, neutral profile and adjust the colour to your preferred look later.

2. Set the white balance yourself by either selecting a preset that matches the light you're shooting under (Daylight, Sgade, Tungsten etc.) or set a custom while balance yourself by using a white/grey card or similar.

Hope that's useful and not too techy for those that need the info.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mister_Oy ->
Ok - after seeing Realspeed's iffy coloured video thread here are some tips regarding correct white balance for photo & video. It applies to both - but is harder to get right with video.

You basically have two options.

1. Leave the white balance on auto - and if the camera gets it wrong, correct it later. This is only really viable if you shoot stills in RAW mode and have decent software to do the correction. There is no real RAW mode with video - most cameras will use the JPG picture control settings for video, so it's a good idea to shoot with a flat, neutral profile and adjust the colour to your preferred look later.

2. Set the white balance yourself by either selecting a preset that matches the light you're shooting under (Daylight, Sgade, Tungsten etc.) or set a custom while balance yourself by using a white/grey card or similar.

Hope that's useful and not too techy for those that need the info.
A quick tip i was told to me that seems to work is point the lens at either a patch of grey or green, then refocus on the subject holding at half press then take the shot.

Supposed to be a quick fix, be interested to hear what yo think. Mr Oy
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 07:33 PM

A quick tip i was told to me that seems to work is point the lens at either a patch of grey or green, then refocus on the subject holding at half press then take the shot.

Supposed to be a quick fix, be interested to hear what yo think. Mr Oy
That sounds like metering not white balance. A half press won't set or adjust white balance.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 07:36 PM

That sounds like metering not white balance. A half press won't set or adjust white balance.
Is it not the same as using Grey cards then, im probably confused.
Mister_Oy
NW UK

30-12-2017, 07:43 PM

Is it not the same as using Grey cards then, im probably confused.
Using grey cards involves more than just pointing the camera at it. What you do is take a sample shot of the grey card then tell the camera to use that as a custom white balance setting.

This is done in the white balance setting menu/section of your camera - not just by doing a half press which just locks focus and, if set to, exposure.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

30-12-2017, 07:46 PM

Using grey cards involves more than just pointing the camera at it. What you do is take a sample shot of the grey card then tell the camera to use that as a custom white balance setting.

This is done in the white balance setting menu/section of your camera - not just by doing a half press which just locks focus and, if set to, exposure.
OK im not a photographer which is why i started this thread, and think we need a similar but more tech thread
Mister_Oy
NW UK

30-12-2017, 07:54 PM

OK im not a photographer which is why i started this thread, and think we need a similar but more tech thread
Build it - and they will come

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top