Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 09:40 AM

Macron

Hi

Macron is now demanding that the UK pay the hundreds of Millions required to alter Calais and Dunkerque to accommodate Brexit

There is an hidden agenda here, he wants to scrap the checks there and move the Borders back to the Dover.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 09:43 AM

Re: Macron

We are using the word macron as a swear word here, it's surprising satisfying to say macron with feeling when you stub your toe. So you'll know now what I mean when I say ah MACRON !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 09:46 AM

The French really don't like us .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 10:02 AM

I thought there was an international agreement about this I forget what it is but surely they cannot let anyone on boats with no documents? The French are just behaving so badly I hope the rest of the international community see that.

Some good news though I don't know if anyone noticed but the UK financial markets have taken off after Xmas and closed on an all-time high out performing both France and Germany. Haven't seen that on the news.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 10:09 AM

Hi

In a previous life, when working, I was banned from negotiating with the French, not high level stuff, just the day to day things.

They are the only Country we dealt with who I could not reach a reasonable compromise with.

It was like talking to a brick wall.

I treated them the same, it did not go down well.

I got into loads of trouble for insisting we sent all illegals coming through Dover directly back to France.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 10:13 AM

If France let them into France then IMO that's their problem they shouldn't release them onto us to deal with. This is problem with open borders what we want to stop. The country they first enter should deal with them not the ones at the end of the road.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

30-12-2017, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I thought there was an international agreement about this I forget what it is but surely they cannot let anyone on boats with no documents? The French are just behaving so badly I hope the rest of the international community see that.

Some good news though I don't know if anyone noticed but the UK financial markets have taken off after Xmas and closed on an all-time high out performing both France and Germany. Haven't seen that on the news.
Hi

It is on the News summer.

The big Companies are making a mint due to the fall in the £ whilst we are still in the Single Market.

Short term speculation, when we leave, things will change.

I sold up yesterday, just cash now, and not in £ Sterling.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 10:23 AM

Well it all depends who you listen to swims, some are saying continued growth throughout 2018 especially on the 100 which is considered a global market. There are always differing views.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 10:23 AM

What do you mean Swims you have sold up?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

30-12-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What do you mean Swims you have sold up?
Hi

My shares in the Stock Market.

I have a son who was a Banker, an Analyst, and a daughter who is a Tax Accountant.

Daughter does not speak to me, but she does to my son and together they are very good with money.

It is now in Foreign Currencies, basically a hedge against the Government messing up Brexit and a further fall in the £.

If Corbyn gets in the £ will tank.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top