Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 12:25 PM

Re: jumpin Ship

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
i often wonder how many of those same arrogant eu commission members are feeling now we are leaving, but were happy at the time to sit at that table behind closed doors and no doubt smirking as david cameron, prime minister of great britain and northern ireland, was treated like a sack of manure.
How amusing for them to watch as he must have virtually begged them for concessions to bring back and show the british people that we were a valued and respected part of the eu. What a farce! What a joke! They were quite content to deny him anything but a few useless titbits, quite happy to see him return with egg on his face, receiving absolutely nothing of what he asked for, no doubt some even gleeful to get one over on such a country as the uk, now on it's knees after publicly in front of the whole world, being told to get lost and do as you're told.

Oh my goodness, if only they had been in possession of a crystal ball. Little did they realise that after cameron lefrt their company, belittled, embarrassed and humbled at their treatment, their action of treating this country like manure would culminate in the referendum and the shock result!

I can imagine there have been quite a few "if only" comments between those same arrogant committee members since that day.

But....as they say...too late matey, that ship has sailed, you blew it!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 12:29 PM

I often wonder how many of those same arrogant EU Commission members are feeling now we are leaving, but were happy at the time to sit at that table behind closed doors and no doubt smirking as David Cameron, Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, was treated like a sack of manure.
How amusing for them to watch as he must have virtually begged them for concessions to bring back and show the British people that we were a valued and respected part of the EU. What a farce! what a joke! They were quite content to deny him anything but a few useless titbits, quite happy to see him return with egg on his face, receiving absolutely nothing of what he asked for, no doubt some even gleeful to get one over on such a country as the UK, now on it's knees after publicly in front of the whole world, being told to get lost and do as you're told.

Oh my goodness, if only they had been in possession of a crystal ball. Little did they realise that after Cameron lefrt their company, belittled, embarrassed and humbled at their treatment, their action of treating this country like manure would culminate in the Referendum and the shock result!

I can imagine there have been quite a few "If only" comments between those same arrogant committee members since that day.

But....as they say...Too Late Matey, that ship has sailed, you blew it!!
Hi Cameron was a weakling, he should not have gone and asked

He asked if we could stop sending child benefit abroad for kids not living here.

The majority of EU Countries do not do this already, no need to ask, just stop it.

David Davies has conceded on this as well, we will still be sending it abroad after we leave.

This is utter nonsense.

France has evicted over 10,000 EU Rough Sleepers, nothing was done to them, our own Supreme Court has ruled that we cannot do this, again, utter nonsense.

The list is endless and all down to our stupidity.

As far as taking back control of our Borders, we are 4 years away from getting the systems and staff in place.

When we are out, we will not be able to blame the EU and our Politicians will be shown for the idiots that they are.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 12:30 PM

I often wonder how many of those same arrogant EU Commission members are feeling now we are leaving, but were happy at the time to sit at that table behind closed doors and no doubt smirking as David Cameron, Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, was treated like a sack of manure.
How amusing for them to watch as he must have virtually begged them for concessions to bring back and show the British people that we were a valued and respected part of the EU. What a farce! what a joke! They were quite content to deny him anything but a few useless titbits, quite happy to see him return with egg on his face, receiving absolutely nothing of what he asked for, no doubt some even gleeful to get one over on such a country as the UK, now on it's knees after publicly in front of the whole world, being told to get lost and do as you're told.

Oh my goodness, if only they had been in possession of a crystal ball. Little did they realise that after Cameron lefrt their company, belittled, embarrassed and humbled at their treatment, their action of treating this country like manure would culminate in the Referendum and the shock result!

I can imagine there have been quite a few "If only" comments between those same arrogant committee members since that day.

But....as they say...Too Late Matey, that ship has sailed, you blew it!!
Once again right on the money SG....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 01:46 PM

Yes the EU are treating us as a third country even though we are still paying in millions and will be doing so for quite a while yet.

They would do well to remember we are the 6th largest economy in the world only knocked from 5th by France because of the drop in Sterling. Many in the EU rely on our trade I'm baffled why we are not making more of that.

I firmly believe we will be better off without them, lets be honest neither France or Germany have any regard for us why would we want to stay?

Lets see what this new year brings I hope that next New Years Day we will be in a better position generally.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by fogey ->
i think the behaviour of the eu towards the uk fully justifies the decision to leave.

The bullying tactics being employed show me just how fragile the european union is. The bureaucrats of europe realise this which is why they are pushing for even closer integration, (read dictatorship).

I've noticed over recent months that the bureaucrats have used the phrase 'not meeting european values', when dealing with member states.

Mark my words, in the not too distant future this phrase will be a euphemism for iron control.

I voted to leave and i see no reason to change my mind as in the long term europe is heading towards dictatorship, run by germany.

Regarding the disgusting politicians who are openly plotting to overturn the results of the referendum i would say this; you are in the position you're in by the will of the people. Remember this fact.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 01:56 PM

This makes interesting reading,how much of the Uk`s money is sent in aid to these countries. If we end up on the bones of our arse, will such aid be sent our way.

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 01:59 PM

Proves how successful the last two governments have been doesn't it?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't feel sorry for anyone Spitty least of all myself, we still have free will in this country at the moment and I exercised mine

I was happy to jump ship, apparently we were all likely to be thrown overboard anyway in a few years time if we refused to agree to closer 'integration' ( another word for subjugation )
Agree fully.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:08 PM

Some of us aren't jumping ship, more being made to walk the plank into shark filled waters below!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:55 PM

Twizzle I can't believe that this thread ended up in the Brexit stuff, just because the word was in the OP, but that aside, what is more interesting, how can a person make just 83 posts since 2010, this is a sincere question, the same question is voiced to persons who smoke just two cigarettes a day, why bother?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top