Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 08:11 AM

Re: Going digital at last!

Originally Posted by AnnonyMoose2 ->
Do you really need RAW mode? Isn't that really for people who want to mess with photoshop or similar.
I have no plans to do any sort of Photoshopping or image manipulation so I'm not bothered about RAW
But any camera other than a basic point -and - shoot comes with it now
So I do have that option if I ever change my mind

Neither do I want to do any video in the near future, but probably eventually

As I said, I got this camera to make the change from 35mm to digital, and I have enough things to learn at the moment
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 01:36 PM

Re: Going digital at last!

As is usual now, you don't get a proper instruction manual, just a brief little pamphlet
You have to go to the Net, but a lot of the pages on international dealers, basic precautions and so on are not needed
I was going to ask my local community centre to print off selected pages, but then I found this -

OTC Ltd (GB) www.camera-manual.com

They will print off the entire manual, spiral bound, inc p&p for £20 - 40
So instead of messing about I've done that

Their website and ordering & payment procedure is a model of clarity & simplicity

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top