Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 03:12 PM

Re: A Nice Idea

Originally Posted by RJG ->
Ehhhhhhhhhh?
Elaborating...

Would you let neighbor kids playing outside drink out of your garden hose with or without asking, would you offer them a drink, or would you run them off?
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Elaborating...

Would you let neighbor kids playing outside drink out of your garden hose with or without asking, would you offer them a drink, or would you run them off?
They would be in deep trouble if they entered our garden by climbing over the high gate.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 03:15 PM

They would be in deep trouble if they entered our garden by climbing over the high gate.
If they rang the bell would you give them a drink?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 03:17 PM

Yes they would likely get hurt if they fell, I suppose.....
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes they would likely get hurt if they fell, I suppose.....
Serve them right!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 12:13 AM

It rarely gets so hot in the UK for kids to be thirsty enough plus they have it hammered into them not to talk to strangers. If you lived in a neighbourhood where everyone knew each other then you'd give kids a drink of pop from the fridge. Our country just isn't so trusting of its neighbours in most areas though Mom.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

23-04-2021, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It rarely gets so hot in the UK for kids to be thirsty enough plus they have it hammered into them not to talk to strangers. If you lived in a neighbourhood where everyone knew each other then you'd give kids a drink of pop from the fridge. Our country just isn't so trusting of its neighbours in most areas though Mom.
I hadn't even thought about the climate, Annie. We have the same approach to strangers, and the kids learn pretty quickly which houses are kid-friendly and which aren't. I suppose I take for granted how fortunate so many of us were to live in a place and time when kids were freer and safer.

This discussion made me think of this photo that made the internet rounds here some time back:

"This is Carter. He knocked on the door, asked for a banana, and then left."

Every kid should have it so good:

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 09:41 AM

I noticed in my local Morrison’s supermarket that they had a display full of satsuma oranges. Above was a sign, ‘’Free Fruit For Children’.
There didn’t seem to be any takers!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top